Driver help!

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
So, the Sarion (Dorky name for my Computer) is here! Yaaaay!

But, some advise on drivers would be appreciated. I've installed the latest driver for my Graph' card, but what other drivers do I require? PCS install your OS and MoBo drivers, right? I've installed my G500 mouse, but what other drivers should I install. Do I need to hop online to install the latest MoBo driver?

Review + Pics on Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I wouldn'worry too much about updating drivers apart from graphics & maybe soundcard,
unless your having problems.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
my computer just turned off randomly after playing Crysis for about 5 minutes. Took a while to turn back on, but did eventually. What could be a cause for this?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
my computer just turned off randomly after playing Crysis for about 5 minutes. Took a while to turn back on, but did eventually. What could be a cause for this?

Possibly an overheat if it took a while to turn itself back on. Keep an eye on the temps.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Ahh, that could be it.. How can I do so? What do you consider too high temps for Graph' Card or CPU? The side of my HAF 922 was ice cold, but I noticed the PSU was a bit on the warm side.

Thanks for the feedback.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I'm not too sure on temps myself but I think there's a general consensus that 90 is startin to get pretty damn hot for a gpu, although it might b quite a bit above tht before it cuts out. Not sure what it's like with newer cards. If it works like old intel CPUs then it may just cut down it's processing for a while to avoid damage.

I think any temp sensing program will do, things like gpu z

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, Downloaded the latest driver. I have the GTX 570, and the i7 2600. I've got CPU + GPU monitoring programs working now, so I will be notified if the temps get too high. I could of been a windows update? That needed to restart my computer.. I'l try playing Crysis again today. It wouldn't be anything to do with my Standard Definition screen would it?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I'l try playing Crysis again today. It wouldn't be anything to do with my Standard Definition screen would it?

Nope your screen shouldnt have anything to do with it. If it displays it fine to start with then it should continue to display ok.

Id say most likley an overheat or as you say possibly a windows restart although they would more often than not require you to accept a restart, auto updates dont install while you are doing other stuff (liek games) atleast not in my experience. They only download in the background.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have a look in event viewer,this should give you a clue to what shut the computer down.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
I looked on even viewer. It's happened 4 times, and event viewer said there had been 4 critical errors (which there has been) . It says 'Source: Kernal Power'

Any further advice?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I looked on even viewer. It's happened 4 times, and event viewer said there had been 4 critical errors (which there has been) . It says 'Source: Kernal Power'

Any further advice?

Lol well I know what the kernal is but I have no idea what the problem is, however I have found this article from the Microsoft KB (Knowledge base)

HERE