Dual monitor help needed

iBushay

Bronze Level Poster
Could anyone possibly help with a similar issue I'm having? My standard setup for my 680 is one monitor connected via DVI. When I do work I like to connect my television via HDMI so I have an extra monitor, but lately if I connect my television it becomes the primary display and my monitor won't stay connected.

I use the nvidia control panel to adjust the displays.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Could anyone possibly help with a similar issue I'm having? My standard setup for my 680 is one monitor connected via DVI. When I do work I like to connect my television via HDMI so I have an extra monitor, but lately if I connect my television it becomes the primary display and my monitor won't stay connected.

I use the nvidia control panel to adjust the displays.
Have you tried setting the monitors up with windows own utility,right-click on the desktop and choose Screen resolution,you should now see 1 and 2 to distinguish which monitor is which.you can then set them to duplicate or extend,I assume you would want extend,to choose your main display monitor,tick the box "make this my main display"

iBushay

Bronze Level Poster
Have you tried setting the monitors up with windows own utility,right-click on the desktop and choose Screen resolution,you should now see 1 and 2 to distinguish which monitor is which.you can then set them to duplicate or extend,I assume you would want extend,to choose your main display monitor,tick the box "make this my main display"
You fixed my issue, thanks vanthus.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
My issue is still here, my second monitor arrived, tried my DVI-D and tried HDMI, it comes on when first turning the PC on but apart from that it doesn't work, says unable to save these display settings when I try extend displays.

9t25hu.png

steaky360

Might sound silly but have you tried to drag the monitors so the bottoms line up (ie move monitor 1 down or 2 up)? I know it affects my work laptop as you can 'position' the two screens.