DVD drive not working

bigben

Master Poster
Have this message on device manager:

I've tried turning it off and on again and updating drivers but that more or less exhausts my list of ideas.
Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If this error is showing or something similar with a "code 19"
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
Try deleting the UpperFilters\LowerFilters registry entries.
Start Registry Editor Click Start, type regedit in the quick search, and then click the regedit icon in the search results. Registry Editor starts.
1. In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
2. Expand SYSTEM
3. Expand ControlSet001
4. Expand Control
5. Expand Class
6. Search for the key {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and left click on it, bringing the values up on the right
In the right hand pane (topic area), you may have Upperfilters, Lowerfilters or both, click UpperFilters if you have it, and delete it, if you have LowerFilters as well, delete this also. If you only have one of the two, just delete that one.
Close Registry Editor and restart windows.

bigben

Master Poster

Do you have that saved somewhere because that was ridiculously quick..

Not sure if that upperfilters had anything to do with it but it seemed a lot quicker shutting down than it had been for a while as well.

YAMAHA

Gold Level Poster
That worked when my DVD drive went AWOL, weired, not that I use it much but its nice to know its there if I need it.....lol

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
argh that sounds too difficult for me - luckily mine worked after reinstalling a driver! I'd better retest it :(

roger4321

The drive have stopped working as something on your computer have changed. It is because of some installation that caused a problem with the cd or dvd filters. If the drive has stopped working as you have installed a new software, you can make it work again by just following these steps in microsoft windows.
Go and click the computer button, right click the dvd drive and then click properties. Click the hardware tab and then click the dvd drive. Under the device properties, click properties, click the driver tab, click enable and the click ok. It could work properly after you do these steps