F1 2010 by Codemasters

misterdave

Enthusiast
I have been reading that the game is only available on PC as a digital download, has anyone purchased it on PC and received a hard copy?

Mine arrive Thursday hard copy PC DVD. Now as far as I can work out Amazon bought the rights to distribute the hard copy after release day. all pre-orders made prior to 1 week before release were fulfilled by the retailer in hard copy but all new copies are now digital download.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Formula-1-2010-PC-DVD/dp/B003IHVN3A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1285576162&sr=8-3

I can confirm amazon are dispatching DVD media. Hope this helps.

I hope to be uploading some videos in the coming weeks

Al.Neri

Super Star
nice.

I placed my order and got the email earlier from amazon acknowledging receipt of my order, but so far, I have not heard anything else.

Al.Neri

Super Star
hmm, still haven't heard from them regarding my order other than the confirmation email, and now it's saying that they are out of stock.

does that mean I am out of luck, or has my copy been assured? I have checked my account and though no actual money has been taken out, it has deducted the amount so I can't spend it elsewhere.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Right I've check up on this, only pre-orders are boxed hard copies.

Any remaining hard copies available are the last ones around otherwise its a digital download from steam or other source (not sure what they mean by this).

Al.Neri

Super Star
so what happens if they listed as having copies left when I placed my order? since I placed my order, it says they are out of stock and I still aven't heard from them

this is a copy of the order I placed, but I don't know if it is a guarantee than I will get a hard copy or not.

amazon.jpg

Last edited:

misterdave

Enthusiast
you may need to contact the seller direct as you've not purchased it from amazon direct but one of the marketplace sellers 'gameline'.

Just drop them an email to enquire about it. It's the only way of knowing before receiving it.

Al.Neri

Super Star
you may need to contact the seller direct as you've not purchased it from amazon direct but one of the marketplace sellers 'gameline'.

Just drop them an email to enquire about it. It's the only way of knowing before receiving it.

I just did, and they said that they will be sending a hard copy. I just noticed though that they are not a UK company, but are listed as being in austria. should I be pulling out of this purchase, I checked the reviews and they all seemed positive, but I'm always sceptical about reviews.

also, will there be compatibility issues from buying a copy from another country, or do they get the same as the UK? I don't want to be buying a game that will not run properly, or will be in some other language I don't understand

edit//

just mailed them again and they said it would be in full english, and that I shouldn't have any problems.

nice to know, I just hope they are as reliable as the reviews state

Last edited:

misterdave

Enthusiast
It will be fine as long as they do supply you with a genuine European version.

Glad to hear that your getting a hard copy, I'd stick with them I've not had any problems with Amazon marketplace in the past.

Al.Neri

Super Star
It will be fine as long as they do supply you with a genuine European version.

Glad to hear that your getting a hard copy, I'd stick with them I've not had any problems with Amazon marketplace in the past.

thanks. what grounds would I have, and who would I contact if I get a copy that isn't genuine? would amazon take up the matter?

misterdave

Enthusiast
So is this any good? Seems the die hard fans didn't rate it that well.

Sadly a lot of the die hard fans are comparing it to simulator games and this is not meant to be a sim. I think far to many of the so called die hard fans are complaining because they wanted a sim but codies always said it wouldn't be and they pitched it right in the middle of arcade and sim.

Having said that it is a quality game I have not left it alone since it arrived on Thursday. I've already completed a full length season on it and I'm 3 races into the 2nd season though I have dropped the length to 50% as I don't have the time during the week to run full length.

Yeah it has faults but show me a game that doesn't when its new, rFactor didn't work for me properly until they released the 1250 patch almost 2 yrs after release but I still played it every night. Doom 3 and Quake 4 still don't run properly I'll stop the list now cause it would be endless.

Codies are working on fixing the bugs and have already provided a workaround for one of them.

If you like F1 and racing games its worth it. Graphics are quality.

It gets my vote, a solid 9/10

Al.Neri

Super Star
well, here's an update.

just got an email off amazon saying gameline has dispatched my order. fingers crossed it is all downhill from here and hope some unforeseen occurrence doesn't rear its head, such as it mysteriously going missing en route. I was beginning to worry that it wouldn't get past trying to deduct the money from my card for some reason.

Al.Neri

Super Star
copy arrived this morning, it estimated that it would arrive between oct 1 & oct 20, so they were bang on the money as far as quick delivery was concerned. I've had a look at the product, the disk seems genuine, as is the manual inside. none of the pages or cover art looks dodgy. I couldn't see a holographic logo anywhere though, which I thought there would have been. not sure if it was supposed to have one anyway, if someone could clear that up, I'd appreciate it.

all I need to do now, is wait until I put my order in for my new pc and for it to arrive, then I'm good to go!

one positive is that hopefully by the time I get my pc, they should have (or not be far off) patched some of the most problematic bugs.

misterdave

Enthusiast
No holographic image on DVD or packaging.

The bugs haven't been an issue for me, mainly due to the 100% race distance. But I have read plenty about them.