F1 2011

pr1s0ner

Will do, but not sure if I'm going to be online for long tonight, might have to wait till the weekend. I have a painfully early start tomorrow.... oh who am I kidding :D

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
omg just read on steam that even the pc verions supports split screen :eek:

Now we just need it to support split screen but on 2 monitors, rather than split horizontally.

Patching PC version of Portal 2 to allow split screen on 2 monitors was awesome :D

Al.Neri

Super Star
the game is an epic fail as far as I'm concerned, my pc can't get above 30fps. every other game I have played on this computer, none of them (apart from F1 2011) has tested its capabilities.

sub-30fps, dire loading times, having to wait almost 30 seconds just to start a flying lap straight from the garage, all the bugs and glitches that are being exposed day by day, this game is diabolical.

if I had known it was going to be this problematic, I wouldn't have purchased it.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
the game is an epic fail as far as I'm concerned, my pc can't get above 30fps. every other game I have played on this computer, none of them (apart from F1 2011) has tested its capabilities.

sub-30fps, dire loading times, having to wait almost 30 seconds just to start a flying lap straight from the garage, all the bugs and glitches that are being exposed day by day, this game is diabolical.

if I had known it was going to be this problematic, I wouldn't have purchased it.

Sounds like you have a crap pc lol.

Ive not heard anyone else get bad framerates like this, infact everyone ive seen review it says the framerates are better than in f1 2010, and I get 170fps on single screen, and about 80fps on 3 screens max settings 6000 x 1080 res. (Thats on 2010). Im expectin a little lower than that on 3 screens but there must be something youre setting up wrong if your getting that low.

EDIT: Side note, if your using crossfire then AMD have not released their patch for it yet so disabling crossfire will increase your fps.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
it might sound like I have a crap pc, but I don't. if I had a crap pc I wouldn't be so bothered.

Whats your spec and what are you trying to run the game at, settings wise

Also, how are you playing it already with a legal copy on pc, its activated through steam, and steam uk doesnt unlock the game till midnight

Al.Neri

Super Star
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-970 (3.20GHz) 6.4GTs/12
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P
2GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5970

it's activated through steam if you purchase it through steam. I have a hard copy from shopto which arrived this morning.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-970 (3.20GHz) 6.4GTs/12
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P
2GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5970

it's activated through steam if you purchase it through steam. I have a hard copy from shopto which arrived this morning.

I actually thought that the hard copy still activated through steam. Like with other games such as deus ex, it lets you install but not play.

Anyway ive not seen anyone else runnign at such low fps as you, Ive just spent a few minutes looking around and people are sayign they cant get it above 60 in sli, btu thts due to the sli and crossfire profiels not yet being out for it. But as for lower than 30fps, not seen anyone but you with tht problem, so cant really suggest anything.

What settings are you trying to run the game at?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol thats actually what I meant to type, I honestly dont think you can expect a 5970 to power it on its own on completely maxed out settings.

Al.Neri

Super Star
considering there are less powerful single-gpu cards getting much better frame rates at the moment maxed out, I think I can expect a hell of a lot more than I'm getting.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
considering there are less powerful single-gpu cards getting much better frame rates at the moment maxed out, I think I can expect a hell of a lot more than I'm getting.

Fair enough, but as you said there are other people out there getting better fps, so its not a game issue, its a driver / card issue.

Fear

Prolific Poster
omg just read on steam that even the pc verions supports split screen :eek:

Now we just need it to support split screen but on 2 monitors, rather than split horizontally.

Is frenchy worried about nobody being around for co-op and going for it solo :p

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I been playin it on xbox, such a gd game but sooo hard compared to the first one, trying to get ur DRS and KERS at the right times in a time trial, while also trying to make sure you correct your power slides with no assists on is proving difficult lol.

Tip of the day: When your in a good position dont put drs on round a corner in quali lol, I ruined my car :(