Fans uncontrollable

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I doubt I can reroute it as most of the cable's length is taken up travelling down from the splitter to the bottom of the mobo anyway. It just about peeks through. It only barely reaches the W_PUMP header tbh.
Weird, my MB has the headers at the bottom and the PWM in the same place and it reached fine. Just put it into the commander core fan port.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
I have done, the fans appear as fan #4 under my cooler in icue but they cannot be controlled at all. They just sit at around 600rpm no matter what profile I use or how hot my CPU gets.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I have done, the fans appear as fan #4 under my cooler in icue but they cannot be controlled at all. They just sit at around 600rpm no matter what profile I use or how hot my CPU gets.
Set a custom profile to fixed RPM and turn it to 0rpm then assign it to the fan #4, do they stop ?

I find case fans are just best set and forget to the highest RPM you can tolerate vs noise, the only fans you want ramping up and down are the AIO, which by the way should be set against coolant temperature, not CPU temperature

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
Nope - the AIO fans do, but the chassis fans I have no control over.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-07 073555.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-07 073555.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 91

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
Oh wait, false alarm (maybe?) - if I set them to a fixed rpm above 600 they change, but I can't drop their speeds below 600rpm.

Is that an issue? I don't really imagine I'd need my case fans to stop completely when I'm using the system?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Oh wait, false alarm (maybe?) - if I set them to a fixed rpm above 600 they change, but I can't drop their speeds below 600rpm.

Is that an issue? I don't really imagine I'd need my case fans to stop completely when I'm using the system?
What model of fans are they exactly?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Very strange, i sometimes find that it doesn't recognise the profile you have selected unless you clink on something else, just an iCUE bug i think.

I have the same (only 4 of them) and can control them no problem, mine were on a MB header to start but i moved them to a Commander Pro and can control the full speed range. Might be worth dropping PCS technical guys a line

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
The recognize the profile as long as the rpm is set to above 600. I can get them up to 1500 using the same custom profile but if i lower the number under 600 it won't drop any lower.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
Either way though thank you to everyone that responded to this topic. I'm more than a little tilted that the builder didn't just use the commander core to begin with since it's literally right next to the splitter but I'll see how the system performs now and maybe that'll cool me down.

PyroAsh

Bronze Level Poster
This seems to be a common theme with builds with Corsair. I also had to rewire all my fans and plug them in to the commander. I've no idea why they would leave commander sockets empty and use headers instead, makes absolutely no sense at all.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
I guess it could be kinda confusing. Mine now shows as having 5 fans for the AIO. in reality there are only 3 and I've connected the chassis fans up (6 on one splitter, rear exhaust alone). Even then I don't understand why you'd plug them into the pump header rather than the chassis ones. I assume this time was because the cable couldn't reach the chassis headers... but an extender is less than a fiver.

leea123

Enthusiast
had a issue myself, i think its called the repeater in rear of case, the cable was going to motherboard and had no control of case fans , and they was working at max rpm all times . I removed cable from motherboard and plugged in to the corsair module and could control all speeds from icue. Was only able to do this with help from here , not really sure why it was built like it was .

Still get a few icue related glitches though , but apart from that all good