Far cry

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Tonight i am over the moon,after maybe about 2 years(on & off)i have finally completed far cry(please dont laugh)i really love fps games.can anyone advise a good one to try next as i couldn't face going back to this one even at a higher level,is far cry2 much different?

Gorman

Author Level
lol congrats Vanthus!

Hmm, next step maybe should be Crysis if you havnt already been there.

Avoid Far Cry 2 like the plague, it will just ruin your memories of the first.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
lol congrats Vanthus!

Hmm, next step maybe should be Crysis if you havnt already been there.

Avoid Far Cry 2 like the plague, it will just ruin your memories of the first.
Thanks for that gorman, i was actually swithering between crysis & far cry2 so youve made up my mind for me.

Freeley

Yes far cry 2 was a disaster - looks lovely but spent most of my time driving from one part of the map to another, getting killed and having to do it again.
Vast maps aren't always a good idea especially when there are limited save points.
I gave up with it, life's too short.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I found that the shooting mechanics were god awful - this is what ruined it for me mainly, i'm good at FPS games, and im fine with the whole not having a reticle, but it just felt badly done imo.
Crysis on the other hand is definatly worth a look at, can be a little annoying sometimes when you run out of energy if your cloaking around etc, but otherwise its good game.

Phil

Silver Level Poster
like everybody else says Far Cry 2 is rubbish & yes go for Crysis thats a top class fps!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Seems to be the consensus of opinion is far cry2 is rubbish,so i'll go with the flow & get crysis.