Fedex Delivery troubles?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So someone at Fedex who actually knew what was going on finally got back to me, and I'm afraid it does seem to be more than just a time thing. Looks like I do need an EORI number for any imports above a certain price threshold, which my PC is. Though apparently I made a mistake and don't actually need to be a business to have one. Still, this means another few weeks of waiting, at least to get this all sorted, so that's quite depressing.
I work in Logistics, applying for and receiving an EORI number should only take 10 mins to apply and a day or so to get your number provided you already have a VAT number or your countries equivalent

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
I work in Logistics, applying for and receiving an EORI number should only take 10 mins to apply and a day or so to get your number provided you already have a VAT number or your countries equivalent
They told me I don't need a VAT number? To have a VAT number you seem to need to be a registered business, and I'm just some dude who wants a PC to play games on

Citrus_9

Expert
He's a private customer, who, sounds like, bought a PC as business, hence all the troubles around now...

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
This is really weird. I am from Ireland, ordered beginning of Dec in the .ie site. The package was sent to Ireland around 5th Jan. Apart from the fact the FedEx took the package to Paris and back twice (on the way to Ireland from Leeds) and taking over 14 days to get here , customs clearance was straightforward. Again a private citizen wanting a good desktop. No EORI number issue. Unless this EORI was implemented after that.
Now my pc is RMAd back to the UK . I wonder if I should prepare this EORI for it to come back to me.

Citrus_9

Expert
This is really weird. I am from Ireland, ordered beginning of Dec in the .ie site. The package was sent to Ireland around 5th Jan. Apart from the fact the FedEx took the package to Paris and back twice (on the way to Ireland from Leeds) and taking over 14 days to get here , customs clearance was straightforward. Again a private citizen wanting a good desktop. No EORI number issue. Unless this EORI was implemented after that.
Now my pc is RMAd back to the UK . I wonder if I should prepare this EORI for it to come back to me.
I'm no expert at this but also facing some changes minor changes at work due to Brexit so... It seems that PCS or Fedex filled in the papers wrong - this is my assumption. PCS is registered for Irish VAT, but are they registered for Irish EORI, I don't know. Both, Irish VAT, and Irish EORI are same numbers, from what I read.

It's not fully clear why the above customer is being treated as business and why Fedex telling him about Irish VAT registration and threshold - this either means that Bellboy frequently buy stuff from the UK, and being recognised as a trader, or bought as business, or PCS, or Fedex prepared papers wrong... Will be interesting to see the outcome of this story so we could learn about it.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
So PCS weren't really of any help, they had no idea on what an EORI number was themselves, so that's pretty disappointing. All he did was recommend I get an EORI number as Fedex said. I asked to see if they could check whether they had experience with similiar cases to mine and was put on hold while he checked, but the line cut while I was on hold and when I called back I was now 16 in the queue. This has all been massively frustrating. I'd say PCS should actually know how the process works and inform people of what they will need to ever actually receive their package. Or at least know what is actually happening.

This is especially frustrating cause looking around at the forums I'm seeing other people receive their shipments to Ireland without all this hassle? Strongly considering just getting a refund at this point, all of this is exhausting. At this point, all I can recommend is if you're considering ordering from PCS from Ireland you just don't.

Macco26

Expert
At this point I'd really start speaking to them about refund process , and see if their ears pops-off and start finding solutions, yeah

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
You are so close to getting your dream machine. It’s ready and is just screwed up by Brexit. The regulation is evolving and like so many others companies, PCS is also clueless about it. Considering EU and UK authorities were clueless (even now) - I suggest you cut them some slack.

If I were you, I would do the following.
I would call FedEx and and shake them up a bit. They should know more about this than CS at the moment. The number I use (from Ireland) always gets me connected to FedEx in less than 10 minutes. I can message you that if you like. Ask FEDEX for the email of their Customs Clearance team (I have contacted them before). Send the custom clearance team an email attaching your invoice stating clearly that you are a private individual and not a company asking them what else is needed.

Your machine is there to be picked up. Think of the wait if you have to go through the process overall with PCS or not!

In short , I would shake the branch where the Apple is , than shake the tree trunk to get the Apple.

PCS have to sort their Customer Service and Brexit preparedness - no question on that. If I were in Ireland/EU I would think twice before ordering purely due to the Brexit chaoes.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
You are so close to getting your dream machine. It’s ready and is just screwed up by Brexit. The regulation is evolving and like so many others companies, PCS is also clueless about it. Considering EU and UK authorities were clueless (even now) - I suggest you cut them some slack.

If I were you, I would do the following.
I would call FedEx and ask them what’s going on ? They would know the regulations more than PCS at the moment. The number I use (from Ireland) always gets me connected to FedEx in less than 10 minutes. I can message you that if you like. Ask FEDEX for the email of their Customs Clearance team (I have contacted them before). Send the custom clearance team an email attaching your invoice stating clearly that you are a private individual and not a company asking them what else is needed.

Your machine is there to be picked up. Think of the wait if you have to go through the process overall with PCS or not!

In short , I would shake the branch where the Apple is , than shake the tree trunk to get the Apple.

PCS have to sort their Customer Service and Brexit preparedness - no question on that. If I were in Ireland/EU I would think twice before ordering purely due to the Brexit chaoes.
Yeah you're probably right, just frustrating to have to deal with this when most of the people I end up talking to seem to have about as much of an idea on what's going on as I do

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
PCS is registered for Irish VAT, but are they registered for Irish EORI, I don't know. Both, Irish VAT, and Irish EORI are same numbers, from what I read.
Ah this makes sense to me now so - I didn't realise that Irish VAT and EORI's are the same numbers. PCS's Irish VAT number is definitely registered as an EORI then. I have checked that for the OP already.

I am more and more convinced that:

1) FedEx need an EORI.

2) PCS definitely have an EORI in the format of their Irish VAT number.

3) Giving FedEx PCS's VAT Number as the EORI should solve the problem with any luck.

@Bellboy Have you tried contacting FedEx again?

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
Ah this makes sense to me now so - I didn't realise that Irish VAT and EORI's are the same numbers. PCS's Irish VAT number is definitely registered as an EORI then. I have checked that for the OP already.

I am more and more convinced that:

1) FedEx need an EORI.

2) PCS definitely have an EORI in the format of their Irish VAT number.

3) Giving FedEx PCS's VAT Number as the EORI should solve the problem with any luck.

@Bellboy Have you tried contacting FedEx again?
Yes, I contacted them just a bit ago and gave them that EORI and the person promised to follow up. If it works then you will have my undying gratitude. My only concern now is Fedex' competency, it took a week of constant calls before I could even got confirmation on what the issue was, so I dunno how long it will take to get back to me on this.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Yes, I contacted them just a bit ago and gave them that EORI and the person promised to follow up. If it works then you will have my undying gratitude. My only concern now is Fedex' competency, it took a week of constant calls before I could even got confirmation on what the issue was, so I dunno how long it will take to get back to me on this.
Fingers crossed for you BellBoy.

If they don't accept it then I would feel that it is showing as a Tax Free import on their side most likely - i.e. not a Tax Unpaid shipment but a Tax Free one - in which case it's all on PCS and you are back to where you started.....:eek:

Let's hope you get good news soon..... (y)

DamHud

I ordered mine in the 14th of Jan and it is in transit ATM ..this story is worrying me ..my laptop was due to be delivered today but no update since last night on FedEx tracker. I have sent a message giving out about that to FedEx already lol. I hope this story is not in my future, hope it gets sorted soon.

Edit: watch the language please

Last edited by a moderator:

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
So maybe some tentative good news? Got an email back from Jamie, the PCS customer service guy I was talking to on Saturday.
1612372449216.png

Which is the exact same number that @NoddyPilot sent onto me a few days ago and which I have already sent onto Fedex through email, so this time I've really got my fingers crossed that this will finally sort things out. Only problem now is actually getting into contact with the right people at Fedex. Calling them usually ends up in me being re-directed 2-3 times before someone just says they'll get the relevant parties to call me back (which rarely happens, unfortunately).

Still, this time I'm pretty hopeful.
I ordered mine in the 14th of Jan and it is in transit ATM ..this story is putting the shits up me ..my laptop was due to be delivered today but no update since last night on FedEx tracker. I have sent a message giving out about that to FedEx already lol. I hope this story is not in my future, hope it gets sorted soon.
Well if you're having similar problems to me hopefully they can be sorted by just giving Fedex the EORI number above! I'll keep the thread posted on any updates.

DamHud

So maybe some tentative good news? Got an email back from Jamie, the PCS customer service guy I was talking to on Saturday.
View attachment 21966
Which is the exact same number that @NoddyPilot sent onto me a few days ago and which I have already sent onto Fedex through email, so this time I've really got my fingers crossed that this will finally sort things out. Only problem now is actually getting into contact with the right people at Fedex. Calling them usually ends up in me being re-directed 2-3 times before someone just says they'll get the relevant parties to call me back (which rarely happens, unfortunately).

Still, this time I'm pretty hopeful.

Well if you're having similar problems to me hopefully they can be sorted by just giving Fedex the EORI number above! I'll keep the thread posted on any updates.
Cheers bud. You would think they (FedEx)would record it against the clients (PCS) company details, as they seem to use FedEx exclusively.
That would be using their noodle I suppose, but based on your experience not to many are doing that.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
Cheers bud. You would think they (FedEx)would record it against the clients (PCS) company details, as they seem to use FedEx exclusively.
That would be using their noodle I suppose, but based on your experience not to many are doing that.
They only started using Fedex very recently from what I've gathered, due to Brexit. Before that they used the much more reliable DPD.

DamHud

They only started using Fedex very recently from what I've gathered, due to Brexit. Before that they used the much more reliable DPD.
Update on mine...Fedex rang me today to apologize for non shipment yesterday. They missed the cut off for delivery this morning but assured me it would arrive by 18.00 hours tomorrow. That makes your situation even weirder imo. I hope there was some transparency today from someone regarding your machine.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
Dropping in with some good news; my machine finally arrived! Got a call from PCS yesterday evening telling me it had cleared customs around noon yesterday and should arrive this morning, which it did. What's strange about that is that I had been talking to Fedex customer service just an hour before I got the calla and according to them my PC was still at Kingsbury, despite that not being the case. I was calling Fedex a fair amount in the past few days and the impression I got there was that no one ever knew what was going on. Pretty much every conversation there just resulted in me being redirected a few times before someone promised to call me back, a call which always failed to materialise. Still, just glad it's finally here, even if it seems the keyboard broke the space button sometime during transit.

So if anyone ever has anything similar happen to them, I would strongly recommend going to PCS rather than pinning hope on Fedex sorting itself out, they seemed to flat out never have an idea of what was going on, and PCS were in general much more responsive and helpful.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Dropping in with some good news; my machine finally arrived! Got a call from PCS yesterday evening telling me it had cleared customs around noon yesterday and should arrive this morning, which it did. What's strange about that is that I had been talking to Fedex customer service just an hour before I got the calla and according to them my PC was still at Kingsbury, despite that not being the case. I was calling Fedex a fair amount in the past few days and the impression I got there was that no one ever knew what was going on. Pretty much every conversation there just resulted in me being redirected a few times before someone promised to call me back, a call which always failed to materialise. Still, just glad it's finally here, even if it seems the keyboard broke the space button sometime during transit.

So if anyone ever has anything similar happen to them, I would strongly recommend going to PCS rather than pinning hope on Fedex sorting itself out, they seemed to flat out never have an idea of what was going on, and PCS were in general much more responsive and helpful.
Fantastic news Bellboy!!!! Enjoy it!!!

(Pics on the show your build thread or it didn’t happen!)