Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta

Blaze

Cant wait for a open beta personally had terrible luck with getting a beta key seems they gave most of them to German gaming sites and NA ones.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Cant wait for a open beta personally had terrible luck with getting a beta key seems they gave most of them to German gaming sites and NA ones.

Same. I signed up for all the German ones and still had no luck even though they where giving away like 15,000 altogether. I'd only have like a week to play it while my parents are on holiday anyway as I'd have to use my Dad's PC for it to run even remotely smoothly.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
im assuming you need to have the game pre-ordered to get into OB? :p

Dont think so or they'd all be plastering that all over the pre-orders page :) It's going to be a quick Open Beta anyway... It only started Phase 3 last week and it's due out in 5 weeks?

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
just got into closed beta via a friends account - servers are up but login /lobby servers are down, arghhh!

Lucky you :p Servers where down all night ironically with the login/lobby servers still up (Was on nightshift so had nothing better to do than post on FF sites :p)

Blaze

Alot of people are pretty much buying there way in since if you signup for fileplanet subscription you get a beta code ofc a NA one lol, seems like UK arent getting much love when it comes to the beta testing.

Sweeney47

NA getting better treatment than UK/EU? Never!

I remember Aion beta, it started, NA servers all worked fine, EU servers didnt work until several hours after, they came up, then crashed again....

Then the next phase of beta started and guess what... same thing again

Then the next phase...

Then the next phase... :eek:

Blaze

Yeah you can steve, i much prefer xbox controller since im a 360 gamer usually so il be using that but ps3 works much the same.

Last edited:

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
can u use ps3 controllers for the pc?

Steve

Yes there are drivers about. Think it's motionjoy.com. Fairly sure you can even get the bluetooth working but think thats slightly harder. I'm going to give it a try the week before XIV comes out just to make sure. I'd prefer to use mouse and keyboard but if it's easier with the controller I won't mind.

Blaze

Apparently riley its easier to use a controller as they really adapted it to run smoothly with a controller but of course its still playable with mouse.

steveuk87

Super Star
MMO wise i prefer mouse FPS wise i like controller thats the main reason why i got \ pc was for MMO's tbh

Steve

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
MMO wise i prefer mouse FPS wise i like controller thats the main reason why i got \ pc was for MMO's tbh

Steve

True but they where designing this from the ground up to be good with controllers obviously for the PS3 compatibility... Think they've kind of just slightly forgot that most people will want a keyboard and mouse. From what I've heard from the beta though the mouse+keyboard controls have improved greatly with each phase so hopefully by retail there won't be too much of a difference.

Xavien

Enthusiast
It really sucks with a keyboard especially since you cant remap the keys thust far, bit annoy though as i dont like being forced to use a xbox 360 controller, may as well get it on the ps3 in that case