Fish in a PC Thread

DSN

Enthusiast
Yes a stapler will be available.

As will a screwdriver, 3 potato's and a pair of socks.

I cant believe i missed this thread.

This goldfish conundrum, is there a stapler availiable for use in the solution?

PokerFace

Banned
It's not the same though, if you pick a carrot out of the ground it might stop receiving water and nutirents from the soil but that's it. It doesn't feel pain or experience fear, I think if you had a pet you could understand it better.

Why does the "touch-me-not" (mimosa punica) fold it's leaves and droop when touched if it's not afraid? And as for runner beans....they must be bloody terrified!! :eek:

pengipete

Rising Star
Just a suggestion...

pc_kitty.jpg

Attachments

• pc_kitty.jpg
    pc_kitty.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 233

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Why does the "touch-me-not" (mimosa punica) fold it's leaves and droop when touched if it's not afraid? And as for runner beans....they must be bloody terrified!! :eek:
The movement occurs when specific regions of cells lose tugor pressure, which is the force that is applied onto the cell wall by water within the cell vacuoles and other cell contents. When the plant is disturbed, specific regions on the stems are stimulated to release chemicals which force water out of the cell vacuoles and the water diffuses out of the cells, producing a loss of cell pressure and cell collapse; this differential turgidity between different regions of cells results in the closing of the leaflets and the collapse of the leaf petiole.

TLDR: plants don't have emotions and are not the same as animals :)