Fish in a PC Thread

DSN

Enthusiast
Well, Like I said this would be possible. And I will be happy to do it with the new PC. However. A problem has come to mind.

What to do with the fish afterwards ?

So I get a goldfish, I fill my res with clear water, put the fish in, get the funny picture...and then...... I need the res for my loop... what do I do with the goldfish ?

Suggestions.
-----
Give it away as a prize
Name him ressie and keep him
Cook him for lunch

13477909_280ee5ca19.jpg

Last edited:

JSG10

Expert
As vegetarian I must protest! just use a plastic fish so that no one is harmed :)

As a Vegetarian I'm afraid you can take Frankie Boyle's option "you can f**k off" hehe (meant lightheartedly by the way :) )

Anyway, I thought most vegetarians ate fish? You're all wrong either way. Meat is good.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, although I think the 'cook him and have for lunch' ploy is an excellent idea, he would make a pretty pathetic meal, bit small really, so I vote 'Keep him and call him ressie' :)

Sleinous

Author Level
Well, although I think the 'cook him and have for lunch' ploy is an excellent idea, he would make a pretty pathetic meal, bit small really, so I vote 'Keep him and call him ressie' :)

Same, I vote, make him/her a permanent addition to your rig :p

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
As a Vegetarian I'm afraid you can take Frankie Boyle's option "you can f**k off" hehe (meant lightheartedly by the way :) )

Anyway, I thought most vegetarians ate fish? You're all wrong either way. Meat is good.

No the people prancing around calling themselves vegetarians eating fish are just posers and make the rest of us look bad. True vegetarians don't eat meat/fish or anything that's had to be killed.

Sleinous

Author Level
I guess you don't eat vegetables then :( They've had to be murdered, and they were deffinatly living things at some point, they may not have organs, and mabe they cant talk / make noise but they do respire and grow into big juicy fruit and veg through photosynthesis and / or nutrients in soil.

Rakk

The Awesome
I guess you don't eat vegetables then :( They've had to be murdered, and they were deffinatly living things at some point, they may not have organs, and mabe they cant talk / make noise but they do respire and grow into big juicy fruit and veg through photosynthesis and / or nutrients in soil.

Oh dear, I don't think I should've been trying to drink at the point when I read that, I nearly sprayed Diet Coke everywhere with laughter :)
I need to save that quote somewhere, thats awesome :)

Phoenix

Prolific Poster

It's not the same though, if you pick a carrot out of the ground it might stop receiving water and nutirents from the soil but that's it. It doesn't feel pain or experience fear, I think if you had a pet you could understand it better.

Sleinous

Author Level
Noone knows whether or not teh carrot feels pain because it cant express the pain. (and the slight issue with the lack of a nervous system but we'll just glaze over that shall we....) :p

Last edited:

DSN

Enthusiast
It's not the same though, if you pick a carrot out of the ground it might stop receiving water and nutirents from the soil but that's it. It doesn't feel pain or experience fear, I think if you had a pet you could understand it better.

If you shoot a cow in the back of the brain from 1/4 mile away with a 50. cal rifle. It wont feel pain either. as my the time the nerv ending respond, the nerv ending will already be on the ground.

Fej

Bronze Level Poster

Lmao, that is hilarious. Like Rakk i was lol'ing hardcore ;)

JSG10

Expert
Tis a valid point though. Trees, veg etc all live and "breath" if you like. So you're still ending life somewhere. Might as well go the whole hog (no pun intended) and kill and eat everything :) It tastes better that way!

Gorman

Author Level
I cant believe i missed this thread.

This goldfish conundrum, is there a stapler availiable for use in the solution?