Front panel problem.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Hey guys : D
You still remember me?

Unfortunately, I came here with a small technical problem to be (hopefully) solved...
My front panel Microphone and Audio jacks won't work. Tested both in VIA HD Audio Deck and it isn't the mic/speakers that are the problem... The 2 USBs there are working so this is kinda odd...
My mobo is a Micro ATX P7H55-M SI.

Thanks for the support.

Sleinous

Author Level
Make sure theyre plugged in to the motherboard, see the instruction booklet that came with your motherboard to find out what connectors you are looking for.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Well, I'm not really in the mood of opening my PC and searching now, but will do when I get some free time these days.

Thanks for the advice, that's what I thought first. : D

Sleinous

Author Level
What mobo do you have? On my ASUS R3, its at the bottom of the board, near the internal USB header(s)

Meds

Can you post your order number so I can double check your specification please?

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Sorry to double post.
Opened my PC and checked throughly but nothing... All the internal connectors are plugged in...

Gorman

Author Level
You wouldnt have to double post if you had gotten a response!

If its not a straight forward device setting within windows volume then i would give us a call on 0844 499 4000, maybe a remote desktop session will spread some more light on it.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
^Nah, I just looked into BIOS and saw a front panel option. It was enabled but it was "HD Audio", but then I switched it to "AC97" and it worked. I am wondering how this is, because the mobo is Asus, not Realtek (to have AC97).

Last edited: