Game recommendation.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I'm looking for an FPS/open world type of game like Farcry 3 which I've just finished,Just Cause 2 was another I really enjoyed.
Any suggestions on what similar type of game (old or new) I could try next would be much appreciated. :)

Edit: forgot to mention I'm not really interested in multiplay,only single play if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I mean, technically Assassin's Creed 4 is open world...and you do have a gun...just it is 3rd person :)

Other than that, I can't think of anything current, but will have a dig through my library to see if there are some older ones :D

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Have you played Tomb Raider Vanthus? Or Sleeping Dogs?

I know they're not FPS's but fantastic games and TR is surprisingly open (i.e. it's very story driven but you're not on rail tracks if you know what I mean).

Or there's things like Metro, Dishonoured, Fallout NV, Deus Ex.

That's all I can think of, brain hasn't woken up from a heavy night!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I mean, technically Assassin's Creed 4 is open world...and you do have a gun...just it is 3rd person :)

Other than that, I can't think of anything current, but will have a dig through my library to see if there are some older ones :D
Thanks, :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace

I know they're not FPS's but fantastic games and TR is surprisingly open (i.e. it's very story driven but you're not on rail tracks if you know what I mean).

Thanks Grimezy,I'll have a look at those.
On checking my Steam library I already have Metro 2003 and have Deus Ex and Deus Ex Invisible War on disk,forgot all about them,so I'll give those a bash first. :)

bigben

Master Poster
and you do have a gun...

I have 4 guns :)
AC4 is brilliant, my favourite game so far. Not been so hooked on a game since I was at school doing everything I could to get out of revision for GCSEs / A Levels.

Not played Sleeping Dogs or Metro yet but I've heard good things (I did actually buy them on sale from steam a while ago).
I have played Tomb Raider, Dishonoured, Dues Ex Human Revolution, Fallout NV, all of which are cracking games.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Deus Ex HR is a quality game, I'd highly recommend it. I haven't played either Metro yet but they do look good. Crysis 3 is another but it's pretty linear as opposed to open world.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
You can get Metro: Last Light and Far Cry 3 on Steam until tomorrow for £13.48 for both, that's a right mega deal.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Borderlands 2 is another one, I think that's open world to some extent. £4.99 on Steam at the moment.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Speaking of Borderlands, try Rage vanthus. Very similar but graphics are more lifelike rather than cartoony. Only issue is it uses Megatextures and mine required so tweaking to get the textures to stop playing up (they were constantly buffering and popping up out of nowhere). Very easy fix though and even took an imbecile like myself 5 minutes to do.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Anyone got suggestions for anything like Gears of War but for the PC (yeah I know the first one is on PC anyway...).

Ie. a solid 3rd person shooter where the guns feel like they do some damage.

Also, is Borderlands 2 any good if you don't plan on doing co-op??

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Anyone got suggestions for anything like Gears of War but for the PC (yeah I know the first one is on PC anyway...).

Ie. a solid 3rd person shooter where the guns feel like they do some damage.

Also, is Borderlands 2 any good if you don't plan on doing co-op??

You could try Spec Ops: The Line. Similar to sort of Combat Desert Storm back on the PS One rather than Gears of War though. Genuinely an enjoyable game though with a brilliant story, and if I remember correctly I picked it up for like £3.74 a few months ago.

I've only ever played Borderlands 1 but it did get to a point where I was struggling to do missions without help from people, not sure if this changed on the second one though.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster

Hmm... Not sure I agree with you about Tomb Raider. I think it has the illusion of being 'open world' but is actually pretty limited in terms of exploring! Nowhere near on the same level as Far Cry 3.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Borderlands 2 is another one, I think that's open world to some extent. £4.99 on Steam at the moment.
Thanks Boozad,on checking my Steam games list again I notice I have Borderlands,so I'll give that a try to see if I like it first,or is it nothing like Borderlands 2?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Speaking of Borderlands, try Rage vanthus. Very similar but graphics are more lifelike rather than cartoony. Only issue is it uses Megatextures and mine required so tweaking to get the textures to stop playing up (they were constantly buffering and popping up out of nowhere). Very easy fix though and even took an imbecile like myself 5 minutes to do.
Thanks,another one to add to my "possibility" list. :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Thanks Boozad,on checking my Steam games list again I notice I have Borderlands,so I'll give that a try to see if I like it first,or is it nothing like Borderlands 2?

I've never played the first one so I couldn't say.