Gaming/Non-Gaming Mouse Pads

vimto1

Silver Level Poster
Hey Peeps

So I was wondering to myself, as I do quite a lot to be honest, "What mouse pads do the PCS forum guys/girls use, if any?"

Gaming mouse pads or just Normal/non-gaming? Also if you use mouse pads at all, what brands/ones would you recommend?

Tim

Discuss...

Corfate

Author Level
I've been using a Fellowes gel Mouse Mat for about 5 years, and recently it's finally given up... Worn it out i guess, so my mouse can't read the surface properly, so ordered a new plain black gel mouse mat :) Love the gel parts, they're so comfy :D

Teaz

Godlike
thats personal choice. there isnt really a best for everything for a mouse mat as there will always be a small number that dislike specific mouse mate type.

im using a hard aluminium mat.

Dayve

A computeach one I stole from highschool more than 10 years ago. As good today as it was the day I stole it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
haha my school dont have mouse mats, but i could easily get one of the mice, although i guess they didnt have CCTV 10 years ago in every classroom :(

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Mouse mat is one thing...but stealing a mouse? Thats what we would term stealing in the real world Wozza....slippery slope and all that :)

Tracker

Enthusiast
I've used steelseries fabric mousemats, which are quite nice to rest your palm on, glides well and fits small spaces easily because the fabric can overhang, or go underneath a keyboard without fuss.

My first proper mousemat was a Razer Exactmat, works very nicely with most optical mice but has a tendancy to be "grindy" on the smooth (speed) side, quite expensive too, but wears well and i still use it 3-4 years after getting it (albeit at work x3), works well with most razer mice and similar.

Currently at home i use a Roccat Steel surface, it's pretty much identical to the exact mat, but looks nicer and was alot cheaper, alot of the roccat products are incredibley similar to the razer counterparts, and i use a roccat wrist rest in tandem.

Rakk

The Awesome
Whereas I'm obviously old school, at home I use a mouse mat I got free from Maplins about 6 years ago.

At work, we all have big A2 pads of paper under our keyboards with calendars and various notes scribbled across them, the bit of that that sticks out to the right side of my keyboard works fine as a mouse mat :), and when it gets mucky, you just tear it off to find a nice shiney new bit of paper :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
best mousemat for me by a mile is the Razer Golliathus (big version, think its called the alpha)