General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No worries I was just asking out of curiosity!
I'm still none the wiser.

We've made various recommendations, but the build doesn't seem to have changed so unsure of what we're offering advice for?

We've already recommended a motherboard if factoring in audio work.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You really have nothing to worry about.

As a real world example, here's my temps after gaming from the other night:

View attachment 29107

The temperatures are (left to right) current temp, lowest temp and highest temp and were taken maybe 3 or 4 minutes after exiting the game. While gaming my GPU hit a high of 73c degrees which is fine with a thermal limit of around 89c as already stated in the thread. The GPU's memory hit a high of 102 which is 2 degrees above the upper limit of the target temp of 100c, but still below the thermal limit of 110c. I'll admit I was a little concerned, but after a discussion on here and reading around a little, I was reassured. As has been said in this thread, if you're going a little above your target temps, it may shorten the lifespan of the card a little, but I'll have my 5080 long before the card dies!

Sorry for the OT, just wanted to chime in with a little further insight into this and rather than keep it personal thought it may be of interest to the op and possibly others.

With the FE cards Jayz 2 Cents did a bit on the heat of the memory on the cards as stock. They found that using better thermal pads dropped the memory temp down to around 80°C.

Of course they noted that the cards were OK to run at this temp, as they are inside spec, but was a daunting thing to be seeing and it would clearly degrade the card quicker than a lower temperature would.

Not sure where the warranty stands with taking off the plate and applying different thermal pads mind you, so just be sure to keep yourself right in any case.

Personally I would probably do it, just for the fettle and to see what could be done. I'm the belligerent sort though.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’m not seeing anything wrong with the fans in those videos. I’d question why your fans are at 80% rpm though, seems quite high. My 3070ti runs at full load with temp of ~70 and fans don’t go over 66%.

Status
Not open for further replies.