Graphics Card Worries!

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
So, I got my EVGA GTX 570 SuperClocked from Amazon and I unboxed it.. Of course. But I didn't have any kind of.. protection? You know, anti-static wrist bands and what not. My worry is that I could of damaged the graphics card. After watching an unboxing of another graphics card, I noticed that the unboxer was wearing an anti-static bracelet. I've got the graphics card out of it's case twice now. Once on a wooden table and once over my blanket (Was chillaxing and thought I'd take another look), will this have damaged it?

Hope this isn't serious and it's just me be over-worried..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
I hope not but you will find out for sure when you install it, i have never used an anti-static wrist band just make sure you have shoes on if your stood on the carpet a short sleve top and make sure you ground yourself either touch the PSU =, side of the case or a metal tap or radiator but obviously not a painted area lol.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You'd have to be very unlucky MrRaich to have done any damage,but it's always wise to take anti static precautions.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if you were talking to me... it doesnt really matter i dont use it... i just pulled it apart for its old hard drive and maybe the fans if they still work

no wonder it used to get so hot, 2x80mm fans and that was it, one of them was the CPU cooler and one at the back :0