Gta 5

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I still loved GTA IV but granted, I haven't put nearly as many hours into it as I did the three on PS2.

When I first got my PS2 I was maybe 13 years old and I bought it with the GTA double pack (3 and Vice City).

Those games were great and San Andreas, that blew every other game out of the water up until that point, the exploration on that game was addictive.

I hope that GTA 5 has a sprawling, large map which makes you want to explore it, with each place being unique.

Tom DWC

That "V" art design looks very San Andreas ish. Here's hoping it'a based in a similar locale.

For me the music will either make it or break it though. GTA IV's sound track was very forgettable. Custom sound tracks are ok but when Rockstar pick songs to suit the era like with VC and SA it's so much more atmospheric*.

* So any game based after the late 90s will require at least one rock/metal station. Otherwise it will be crap. :)

Al.Neri

Super Star
I think rockstar are running out of ideas with the franchise to be honest, either that or they just can't be bothered putting the creative effort in, and if GTA5 is a remake of san andreas/vice city, it will reaffirm my belief in that.

I'm not saying remaking those is a bad thing, because they were great for their time, but the lack of any real new fresh location for a second time in a row is pretty weak. there are a lot of places in the world that would be good inspiration for a fictitious GTA region, and I am surprised that they haven't materialised before now. they have used miami in the 80's for inspiration, as with LA in the 90's, and new york in the 2000's twice, why not use an iconic city like san francisco in the 70's as the location?

if they do indeed rework SA/VC, the last thing I want is for them to set them in the same periods. I think it would be a more interesting concept to tie the two together and have them in the same game, set in modern times, but not directly linked to the originals.

I want to see a return to all the things that made vice city and san andreas great, even if it's a completely new location. gambling, extortion, racketeering, taking over & setting up businesses, gangs and gang territories, and not to mention planes, all these things should be brought back.

one thing I definitely don't want to see in the game, is repetatively boring friends activities. for me, THE most annoying thing in GTA4 was getting a phone call while I was doing something else and hearing "cousin, let's go bowling!".

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
ohh no, a few members on this forum arent gonna be happy, its not using actualy gameplay :p lol

It does look ok though, ill have to wait and see I think :)

Dayve

I don't trust trailers. I want to know whether all the good stuff from the first San Andreas is back. All the customization and things you can do ASIDE from the main story, like turf wars and property and business buying and so forth. Also I'll need to know what kind of people I'd be working for on my way up the ladder. If it's crack dealing hoodrat scum like in San Andreas then I'm just not interested. As much as San Andreas was great in terms of huge map full of stuff to do, I just couldn't get over the fact that my character was just a scumbag. Classy scumbag is ok - regular scumbag is not.

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
They need more customization options than GTA IV, no doubt.

Not silly options like in Saints Row II, though. I don't think big blue hermaphrodites suit the GTA theme.

All the clothes in GTA IV looked like pewp, which made it even worse. Except for the unlockable outfit from GTA 3.

But at the very least, they do need tattoos, hair/facial hair options, a body changing ability like working out & over-eating & a decent selection of clothes which didn't all look daft. I think Niko made some of them look worse than they actually were, but still. They build an entire city to play around in, I can't imagine those features are anywhere near as difficult to implement.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
ohh no, a few members on this forum arent gonna be happy, its not using actualy gameplay :p lol

It does look ok though, ill have to wait and see I think :)

Hey dude I can forgive it if it's only a teaser :p It's when a release trailer doesn't use actual gameplay that annoys me haha.

I am really hoping it goes back to it's more slapstick comedy roots, GTA used to be such a hilarious game before Niko's mental breakdowns.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I don't trust trailers. I want to know whether all the good stuff from the first San Andreas is back. All the customization and things you can do ASIDE from the main story, like turf wars and property and business buying and so forth. Also I'll need to know what kind of people I'd be working for on my way up the ladder. If it's crack dealing hoodrat scum like in San Andreas then I'm just not interested. As much as San Andreas was great in terms of huge map full of stuff to do, I just couldn't get over the fact that my character was just a scumbag. Classy scumbag is ok - regular scumbag is not.

It's rumoured to be a return of Tommy Verceti from Vice City. In which case you'll be a wise cracking scumbag who's on the badside of 40! (which I would love)

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Brilliant! A new GTA game is always a good thing.

My brother worked with the developers briefly a couple of years back when they brought out GTA IV in their offices in Scotland. Went to a 'official' Rockstar party and all they served was alcohol you got in the game, brought back some amazing stuff.... *Sigh* If only I was there.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

Corfate

Author Level
Q&A with Rockstar: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...wered-max-payne-3-and-grand-theft-auto-v.html

Theres some answers to the new GTA coming out, the screenies look amazing!

newswire_1342100433.jpg

newswire_1342100464.jpg

Flucky

My eyes are drawn to the wood decking... it's... beautiful.

Shame trees are impossible to get right, Crysis did ok with them but GTA's are always dodgy.

Corfate

Author Level
The pictures aren't that good quality, some pixilation in places, but i'll trick myself into believing that it's cause it's not finished yet ;)