Had it for a week now all good apart from..

Otone

Gold Level Poster
ovreheat.jpg

This aint great! it shouldnt be doing this right? Playing Crysis for 20mins.

Had it for a week now and its been perfect up untill now. Whats up with the heat?

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR!
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
RAID
NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE
NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium (£59)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Dont quote me on this, but I honestly dont think theres much wrong with that. Your GTX 580 will be heating up the stuff surrounding it, so thats PCIE-1, PCIE-2 and probably USB3 headers, the SATA6G is propbably just hot because of access rate from your Cavier Black. Also The way the sabertooth works is it directs heat from a top down fan on a cpu through under the black plastic to flow past other components and draw heat away from them so this may inadvertantly be heating up things liek the SATA6G.

To me though I wouldnt worry about those temps.

Gorman

Author Level
Dont quote me on this, but I honestly dont think theres much wrong with that. Your GTX 580 will be heating up the stuff surrounding it, so thats PCIE-1, PCIE-2 and probably USB3 headers, the SATA6G is propbably just hot because of access rate from your Cavier Black. Also The way the sabertooth works is it directs heat from a top down fan on a cpu through under the black plastic to flow past other components and draw heat away from them so this may inadvertantly be heating up things liek the SATA6G.

To me though I wouldnt worry about those temps.

I quoted you on it, because you are right.

Teaz

Godlike
if heat is a problem, you could consider buying the small 90 or 80mm fan and screw it into the motherboard for cooling which is why that lid cover is there for an option. since those temps are normal from my view

Otone

Gold Level Poster
ooohhhh i was told 70.C meant it was just a little bit too hot abd when it flashes up with warnings i was getting worried! what temps should i watch out for for overheating?

Gorman

Author Level
ooohhhh i was told 70.C meant it was just a little bit too hot abd when it flashes up with warnings i was getting worried! what temps should i watch out for for overheating?

Genuine overheating is usually followed by the machine BSOD / freezing and or random restarts.