Help! GTX580 graphics error (Code 43)

pengipete

Rising Star
Not maths but try this...

You have to do this is one go, as quickly as you can....

Take your age and add the digits together - for example, if you are 34 you would say 3+4 = 7.

If your answer is still a double figure, add the digits together again and keep doing this until you have a single digit answer.

Now multiply that number by 3

Multilpy the result by 3

Now add the digits in your answer until you get a single digit number - the same as you did with your age.

Divide that number by two - if the answer is a fraction, round up to the next highest number (for example, if your number was 7, you halve it and the result is 3.5 so you round it up to 4)

Now count that number of letters into the alphabet - 1=a, 3=c 6=f etc

Now think of an animal that starts with that letter of the alphabet.

Now go back one letter in the alphabet and think of a country begining with that letter.

Now, picture in your mind that animal standing in a zoo in that country - imagine what colour it is. It can be any colour as long as it is natural colour for that animal so a cat, for example, could be black, white, ginger etc.

If your number came to 3, for example, you could have chosen cat, Belgium and white, if it was 4, you may have chosen dog - it's random and unpredictable.

Got it? Keep picturing that animal in your mind - the animal you chose at random standing in the zoo in a country you chose and of the colour you chose - concentrate on that picture.....
You are thinking about a grey elephant and the zoo is in Denmark.

pengipete

Rising Star
With a few rare exceptions, the only people that don't get a grey elephant from Denmark are the ones who've heard it before. Even then, they usually chose an emu (and it seems a bit petty to point out that it's a bird - not an animal). In case you haven't sussed how it works - I'll just say that I lied about it not being about maths.

Another one that a lot of people will already know but is interesting for those who don't...

A man leaves his home and walk 5 miles due south. He then turns and walks five miles due west and finally turns again and walks five miles due north back to his home. Just as he's about to walk through the door, he sees a bear in the garden.

What colour is the bear?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Actually a bird is an animal "A multicellular organism of the kingdom Animalia, differing from plants in certain typical characteristics such as capacity for locomotion, nonphotosynthetic metabolism, pronounced response to stimuli, restricted growth, and fixed bodily structure."

PokerFace

Banned
Well its not his home thats for sure

It is his home if he lives right on the North Pole. He can walk 5 miles South and then walk as far as he likes to the East or West and will never be more than 5 miles from home.

So, it's a white polar bear.

Nemesis

Darn shudve expected something clever like that

Ok this is stolen but oh well

ALZHEIMERS' EYE TEST

Count every " F " in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

(SEE BELOW)
HOW MANY ? 3?

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.
READ IT AGAIN !
Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's before you scroll down.

PokerFace

Banned
Darn shudve expected something clever like that

Ok this is stolen but oh well

ALZHEIMERS' EYE TEST

Count every " F " in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

(SEE BELOW)
HOW MANY ? 3?

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.
READ IT AGAIN !
Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's before you scroll down.

Crazy! I've seen this before and still had to count about 10 times because I could only find 5. I thought YOU had miscounted, lol.

Nemesis

Yeh i know i got kinda annoyed when i read it first two

This is the rest of it

The reasoning behind is further down.

The brain cannot process "OF".

Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!

Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is a genius.

Nemesis

haha your posts are equal to your rep pengipete

And im guessing the answer isnt something stupid like
32 because its the only number that isnt under 30

pengipete

Rising Star
Easy - 17's the odd one out cos all the others come with rice :clown:

Double-facepalm.jpg

ASmith55

Ok, backto reality guys, I'm having the same problem as the Op but it's little more serious.

Hi, started my computer this morning to find MAJOR problems. After a Microsoft Win 7 64 update last night my computer took forever to login. When it finally did, I noticed I didn't have drive E: (data) so i went to Device Manager only to find both my Gigabyte GTX 580s are giving code 43 errors ??? I'm able to disable and then re-enable them again but when i reboot, it comes back as 43. My computer still runs once up, just both cards are 43'd and Drive E: cannot be found.

Is this a;

(1) corrupt BIOS / Windows update thing?
(2) GPU Hardware fault?
(3) Motherboard fault?
(4) Power supply problem?

I find it strange as I wasn't doing anything last night except listening to music on my new computer and when I closed it down, Windows loaded some update. I haven't even had a chance to do ANY gaming as yet. with BOTH cards 43'd and disk gone, it smells like a MB problem (Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5) but my computer still works .. kinda? I also tried a system restore but it didn't fix the problem.

Additional - I also just tried to uninstall & auto-reintall the gPu drivers .. which seems to have worked?? kinda? GPUs aren't giving code43 but "Nvidia control Panel" doesn't work? Ekkk!, don't tell me a uinstall & remove drivers also removed the Nvidia control software .. I cannot find it anywhere!

Of course this hasn't solved my Harddisk problem but suspect it's a similar issue ... where to find Seagate HDD drivers? or do i just reflash the BIOS / CMOS?

Thanks for your help .. partially .. ??

A Smith

A scary thought, my OS drive is a SSD, lets' hope it isn't playing up to cause this problem? or my 1200 Silverstone powersupply .. more nightmares to go to bed with ..

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try uninstalling the update.
Control panel/program and features/view installed updates,
If drive is still missing,
Click on start and type diskmgmt.msc on search bar.
right click the drive & select change drive letter and paths.
click on the Add button in the next menu and pick a drive letter from the pull down menu.
Click ok to assign selected drive letter.and check my computer to confirm missing drive is shown.