Iconico RTX 3070 Awful Performance

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Whilst the benchmark is open, make sure you have task manager open sorted by cpu. If anything aside from firestrike is showing high up then take a screenshot and upload.

Also install HWMonitor and monitor cpu package temps whilst doing so:

Never make an assumption on an issue being present without conclusive proof, and never use userbenchmark.
You've been making assumptions the entire time. While I do greatly appreciate your help, and the help of others on this forum. I do not appreciate your snotty, condescending manner.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    268.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    302.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    375.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 175

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
As said, we need firestrike, you just go into the options and select allow windowed mode:

View attachment 23650
I'm sorry,. what is firestrike? Can you point me in the direction of download? I'll do another timespy just now with hwmonitor running at the same time.

I also ran a heaven benchmark.

Attachments

• 57EB25FF-756A-4B82-BECE-9B76F35B895C.jpeg
    57EB25FF-756A-4B82-BECE-9B76F35B895C.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 170

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Quite honestly at this point I am so tired of running these benchmarks and getting the exact same results as the beginning. Very clearly there is a major issue going on. And clearly I am not smart enough to solve it. My laptop is being collected tomorrow. PCS can diagnose the issue themselves, but I am seriously questioning either a full refund or at the least compensation of some sorts. This whole experience has not been good enough at all.

But as for now, I am done. I will give an update when PCS get to diagnosing my laptop. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm sorry,. what is firestrike? Can you point me in the direction of download? I'll do another timespy just now with hwmonitor running at the same time.

I also ran a heaven benchmark.
Open the 3d benchmark tool & select the benchmark menu at the top, then scroll down & you'll see firestrike

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
On the benchmark options, not the program options, you need to select custom run as in the screenshot, it may not be available on the free option though, not sure.
Yes, does not appear to be part of the free version. And no offence, but I am not spending another penny on this laptop right now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Quite honestly at this point I am so tired of running these benchmarks and getting the exact same results as the beginning. Very clearly there is a major issue going on. And clearly I am not smart enough to solve it. My laptop is being collected tomorrow. PCS can diagnose the issue themselves, but I am seriously questioning either a full refund or at the least compensation of some sorts. This whole experience has not been good enough at all.

But as for now, I am done. I will give an update when PCS get to dragonising my laptop. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Ok, it’s completely up to you how you proceed but I’ll outline what we’ve been going through so far.

1. If there’s an issue, it needs troubleshooting. It’s a very methodical process and needs to be done in a certain order. The very first thing to be sure of is that the platform is stable. Until then it’s pointless doing anything. We’re now certain we’re on a stable platform and are proceeding.

2. next is to test software vs hardware. Currently we’re benchmarking to determine if the issue lies with something at a software level or perhaps hardware.

Our next step would be to verify temps when under load as if this is simply a case of overheating due to a bad paste job, that’s something you could fix yourself the next day after ordering some parts off amazon. Rather than sending the whole thing back to PCS and wasting a month.

It’s a systematic process that anyone buying a custom laptop should expect to have to go through at one time or another.

You will need to clean install windows periodically with a custom build.

You will also need to repaste once a year or so which means dismantling the internals to some extent.

At the moment we still don't know if it's software or hardware, and if you send it back and it turns out to be software, PCS are well within their rights to charge you for any diagnostics as you didn't order with windows and so are not eligible for any software support.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You've been making assumptions the entire time. While I do greatly appreciate your help, and the help of others on this forum. I do not appreciate your snotty, condescending manner.
When you’ve accumulated any significant experience in troubleshooting you’ll find assumptions are generally made and that’s because it usually comes down to the same few issues. So these people who offer assistance will go through the motions to know that they’re working from a truly clean slate.

For the record, I find that labelling someone who offered you a full evening of their time (and has actually given you more than that amount) to try and sort this as ‘snotty and condescending’ is a bit out of order. As frustrated as you may be at this current juncture, please consider this a friendly warning to keep things civil.