INCOMING!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anything out on the pricing yet? Rumours I'm reading are saying the price will be the same as the non-3D counterparts, with the non-3Ds retail coming down.

If that's the case, I think the 7900X3D could be an all around winner.
OMG, that would be damn awesome!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Absolutely. I don't know if it's wishful thinking but if it was to be the case, I don't think Intel would compete with that level of price/performance.
Christ the 7950x3D for me would be just insane, totally overboard for my needs, but hey ho, would be damn fun seeing all those cores being used for Plex transcoding :)

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The new AMD
non-X chip reviews have arrived and, frankly, they look amazing in terms of value. Power efficient, cheaper, with performance still very strong. They come with box coolers, for goodness' sake, even up to the 7900.

(The best and most techy review I've seen from LTT for a while.)

(Though the cost-per -frame analysis at the end is kind of silly, comparing recommended prices to actual ones.)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just saw this, mind you it's only rumour

I'm confused. The 3060 Ti offers very close to 3070 performance for under $400. If this is true, it's not even mildly impressive.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A basically zero gen-on-gen improvement is still pretty unimpressive IMO.
Yeah, I do agree, and I don't see the need either, there's obviously capacity for far more performance on a different die.

Nvidia have been so awful in their stranglehold of the market with regards to pricing and performance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Absolutely. I don't know if it's wishful thinking but if it was to be the case, I don't think Intel would compete with that level of price/performance.
So prices and official release dates have been officially announced

7950X3D - $700 February 28th

7900X3D - $600 February 28th

7800X3D - $450 April 6th

Those release dates are to market, so 3rd party reviews may be as little as 24 hours before judging by previous NDAs

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So prices and official release dates have been officially announced

7950X3D - $700 February 28th

7900X3D - $600 February 28th

7800X3D - $450 April 6th

Those release dates are to market, so 3rd party reviews may be as little as 24 hours before judging by previous NDAs

Frustrating that the good value one, the CPU that makes most sense for purely gaming systems, won't be reviewed alongside the more expensive ones...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Frustrating that the good value one, the CPU that makes most sense for purely gaming systems, won't be reviewed alongside the more expensive ones...
It is a bit frustrating, I wonder though if they may have learnt from the 5800x3d release when they had so few units at launch, it really was a paper launch. Perhaps they're delaying it to have more units available for the consumer release.

Wishful thinking I know :D

But pricing is reassuring, although with the reductions we've seen on 7th gen so far, it's about a $100 increase up to the X3D versions, we'll see if the single core improvements are worth it.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was wondering, do you know if there is a counterpart of those CPU for laptop ?
Or if, for laptop, you "only" could have the non 3D version ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
better off buying the previous gen at this rate
But they've locked down DLSS3 on previous gens which adds insult to injury. It's such a con, there's no need for them to do that, it's not hardware dependent, it's purely a driver lock.

Beggars belief really.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had mentioned this earlier with the cut down cards. IF all the rumours I've been reading are true then the 40 series should be avoided at all costs. They're the worst value for money I've seen in years. I think the only of any value offering is the 4090, and that doesn't exactly scream bargain does it.

The 2 generation rule is coming back into effect.

10 series - Excellent
20 series - OK, but pricing went insane.
30 series - Excellent, but still with 20 series pricing structure
40 series - Abysmal.... and expensive
50 series - Please be reasonable!