Indie game recommendations

D

Deleted member 41971

I've put 40-odd hours into that game - it's a fun game in short bursts. The reason it's on sale is because a sequel to the game has been released Mini Motorways, which is also enjoyable when you've only got a spare 5/10 minutes.

did you get your internet back by the way?

the great library of denz has missed you. :coffee:

the mini moterways game is also on sale in a bundle until 27th July 2021, both metro and motorway are £6.57 for both.

funny review this

1627317941120.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CMP01

Enthusiast
I've put 40-odd hours into that game - it's a fun game in short bursts. The reason it's on sale is because a sequel to the game has been released Mini Motorways, which is also enjoyable when you've only got a spare 5/10 minutes.

45 hours in here. Doesn't sound much compared to some games but for what it is, it's a lot. Nice game and concept well presented too... just a shame I'm not terribly good at it. It's kept a spot in my games folder (along with other quirky little indie types like Plague Inc and Superflight) since launch even so, being a great pop in/pop out casual chill thing.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
did you get your internet back by the way?

the great library of denz has missed you. :coffee:

the mini moterways game is also on sale in a bundle until 27th July 2021, both metro and motorway are £6.57 for both.

funny review this

View attachment 28196
Yeah, my brother's Covid positive test meant that we had to wait 10 days before an engineer would come out, but we've had internet since Saturday. I paid for unlimited data which helped keep things ticking over. To be honest, that's EXACTLY what the game is. The review is genius!

45 hours in here. Doesn't sound much compared to some games but for what it is, it's a lot. Nice game and concept well presented too... just a shame I'm not terribly good at it. It's kept a spot in my games folder (along with other quirky little indie types like Plague Inc and Superflight) since launch even so, being a great pop in/pop out casual chill thing.
That's pretty much how I play those kind of casual games - dip in and out of them when I'm in the mood.

D

Deleted member 41971

i have been currently playing poly bridge 1 as it was on sale a while ago on steam for like 69p,

dipped in and out, fun game, granted, many of the bridges fell down and I am not an engineer, but still

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This recommendation is not like my usual ones - I've not actually played this game yet - but it looks amazing. It's a cyberpunk game made by a team of 12. They've created a looter-shooter RPG that is arguably better and less buggy than Cyberpunk 2077. It released today and the first reviews are looking good.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just want to say that every deponia game are at -90% (if you buy them one by one)
So, it's 7 euros for the 4 games :

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I just want to say that every deponia game are at -90% (if you buy them one by one)
So, it's 7 euros for the 4 games :

This is excellent news! I grew up absolutely loving point and click games by Lucasarts and the like. Have seen these games in the past but never at the right price to make them a cheeky impulse purchase.

Thanks to you and the Steam App on my phone, I’m watching TV, have just paid £5.46 for all four games and the app has instructed my PC to commence downloading them so they’re good to go next time I pull up a chair at my desk 👍

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This is excellent news! I grew up absolutely loving point and click games by Lucasarts and the like. Have seen these games in the past but never at the right price to make them a cheeky impulse purchase.

Thanks to you and the Steam App on my phone, I’m watching TV, have just paid £5.46 for all four games and the app has instructed my PC to commence downloading them so they’re good to go next time I pull up a chair at my desk 👍
If you're a P&C fan, Wadget Eye games are pretty much the other name in the genre these days, and most of their games are worth a look - the Blackwell Series, Unavowed and Strangeland particularly.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies if this has been mentioned, little platformer called Vesper, has won loads of awards and looks pretty cool:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Apologies if this has been mentioned, little platformer called Vesper, has won loads of awards and looks pretty cool:

Oooh, that looks interesting. Like a cross between Shadow Complex and Limbo. One for the list 👍

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
For the patient among you, I'd highly recommend the game Selaco, it's an indie game heavily inspired by the F.E.A.R series. It looks like it will be gorgeous, but the downside is that the estimated release date is August 2255.

CMP01

Enthusiast
For the patient among you, I'd highly recommend the game Selaco, it's an indie game heavily inspired by the F.E.A.R series. It looks like it will be gorgeous, but the downside is that the estimated release date is August 2255.

If the enemy combat AI is anything like that of F.E.A.R. then it's worth a follow and watch tbh.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Today, I'm going to recommend Summer of '58. It was a game that was involved in some recent controversy as the game clocks in at around an hour and a half playtime, and as Steam allows automatic refunds for games with less than 2 hours played, people were playing the game start to finish and then refunding. The game costs a little over 6 quid, so that did temper my expectations a little.

Here's my Steam review:

Capture.JPG