Internet help

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
Okay, my netgear wg111v2 fail will not work with windows 7 64 bit. So i can't access my steam games i downloaded on my laptop and transfered to my pc. Very annoying since i have paid for these things and spent the time on my internet to download them but oh well. I've got an xbox 360 wireless adapter and thought, if it works for xbox why wouldnt it work for pc? its usb and its made by microsoft. so basically what im asking is, has anyone found a fix for the wg111v2 netgear yet? or has anyone managed to connect the 360 adapter to the pc and if so where can you get the drivers for it? Cheers!

Fear

Prolific Poster
I doubt that you will be able to use it on the PC if it's for the xbox they tend to make these dongles only work on a specific platform, personally i hate wireless had lots of problems with it and swithched over to a set of homeplugs so if you can afford a set give them a try.

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
hmm dunno what they are tbh. Do they increase the speed of ur connection? If the do i might give it a go as my dl speed is wayyyyy below the average in britain.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
They will certainly improve on connection & streaming compared to wireless,they work through the domestic wiring of your house & operate just like a wired ethernet connection.
You plug one into a socket at your PC & one into a socket where your router is.
home plug units with a socket outlet are available so you don't lose the use of the socket.

Last edited:

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
hmm, I'll have a look into them. Steam has peeved me off for the last time. spent the last 4/5 hours fixing the wireless and then updating steam 2 times. So they look very tempting now. +rep for the both of yas.

Fear

Prolific Poster
For me i only use the wireless for the printer but i have to leave that switched on because if i turn it off after a day or 2 when i switch it back on it will not connect untill i switch the whole lot off PC's, router and the modem :( then restart them all had similar issues with my laptop and 1 of the desktops i had with a usb dongle anyway switched it over to the homeplugs and i have no more connection problems :D so IMO they are a real good investment.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I've got a set of Devolo homeplugs, which work perfectly :) £60 for 2 :)

Yup, I have 4 plugs, one plugged into router, one plugged into pc, one into xbox and one into Freesat HD box for iplayer and they seem to all be able to run at once :).