Is there a Xmas Sale?

Dragilex

Bronze Level Poster
Do PCS have an xmas sale on laptop components at all?

And will the 18" screen be coming with the matt option anytime soon?

iceatcs

I dunno.

Why do you want bigger laptop screen as possible? If you want a more powerful specs, get a PC tower. 18" laptop will be almost not portability.
The power brink will be massive just like old 360's power brink.

Gorman

Author Level
We don’t do traditional sale promotions, we go for the best deal we can offer all year round option.

Occasionally some components are marked as special offer which is usually a direct result of a drop in cost of that particular part.

djkeenan

Sorry to hijack the thread a little. But since so many sites are doing a $100/100euros off the hd6990m is their any chance PCS will be doing that deal any-time soon? Or should i give up waiting?

Maestro

i would give up waiting, we are pretty sure we are already the best value clevo reseller. However, if you find cheaper you can always ask for a price match.

Dragilex

Bronze Level Poster
Good to know its best deal all year round.

Desktops don't suit my needs of wanting to have the laptop on my knee and then put it away when I'm finished.

Can anyone expand on the power brink point?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
im pretty sure its not anywhere near as big as the xbox one, although it will be the heaviest component, i think the laptop is slightly chunkier than most modern laptops although its not 4" thick or anything like that, tbh though, id go for a vortex, you could get just as good with a slightly smaller screen for less cash, and the difference is only one inch

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
im pretty sure its not anywhere near as big as the xbox one, although it will be the heaviest component, i think the laptop is slightly chunkier than most modern laptops although its not 4" thick or anything like that, tbh though, id go for a vortex, you could get just as good with a slightly smaller screen for less cash, and the difference is only one inch

Was always told the more inches you have = more enjoyment :devil2:

Maestro

it is im afraid. we cannot legislate for the effect currency fluctuations may make on our competitiveness with companies in other countries. However it would still be interesting to know if you find a better deal outside of the uk.

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
I've done a lot of research and PCS seems to have the best prices internationally, or did with the exchange rates at the time, and that's not taking into account import tax which is a hefty sum for an expensive computer

Dragilex

Bronze Level Poster
Will this xmas be the xmas I finally bite the bullet and order, I've been designing laptops on the order page of this website for about 18 months now.

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
do it! I'm going for it. if you're happy with the spec, have the money and want it, no reason why not now!

djkeenan

I think PCS do the best deals. Only place that comes close (for UK buyers) is novatech and the support isnt bad but its nowhere near as good as pcs. From weeks of research i can tell PCS is ahead of the pack with regards to customer support and competitive pricing. Anyone know what PCS hardware support is like? For example drivers and compatibility issues?