It arrived :)

(Order num 388401) **PICS ADDED*** Further down
So i finally recieved my computer and thought I would write a small review, with my experiences, comments and photos to follow later.

I ordered a pre built system as it met the requirements I wanted and with me being somewhat inpatient, it was available immeditly.
Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T (3.30GHz/9MB CACHE) - BLACK EDITION
Motherboard ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6970 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

Ordered 27th June, and paid for Saturday delivery before noon. Friday 1st July I recieved confirmation of dispatch from PCS, and come Saturday 2nd July, no item arrived. I waited from 8am till about 3pm, before I called it a day and went about my business.

I spoke to PCS on Monday to explain the issue I had, they immediatly refunded the Saturday delivery charge, which I was pleased about.

Typically Yodel tried to deliver the item to me on Monday while I was at work, I arrived home to find a card, looked at re-booking the delivery, only to find I could reschedule for a weekday delivery. After a phone call to Yodel, I expressed my disatifaction with the failed delivery on Saturday, and they arranged for a supervisor to call me back within 2 hours. He did, and confirmed they would re attempt to deliver on the following Saturday. They did.

Overall
PCS - Service was excellent from start to finish, no problem. Will buy again, and will recommend no end.
Yodel - Intial failed delivery was very disappointing especially considering a Saturday service, is a priority thing. However I was satisfied with the way Yodel esculated my complaint and did in face eventually do what I requested.
Computer - Simply amazing, quiet, fast, and Warcraft on Ultra settings, very pretty.

Thankyou PCS.
Photos to follow later.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nice write up of very frustrating circumstances :)

I do like how PCS offer immensely powerful PCs in their pre-built range, not just bog standard web-surfing bricks :D

Get some photos up when you get a chance and enjoy!

DED

So just an update with some photos, excuse some of the blur. Little shaky in my young age.

Various inside shots
b6a4y1.jpg

de4h1k.jpg

2vmspyp.jpg

34s2nvl.jpg

33deamw.jpg

Enjoy!!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Nope, no side fan. I was confused at first, then saw the cooler inside. However I did check with technical support and they confirmed it was removed due the CPU cooler.

did they still send you the side fan? also what do you think of the Amd cpu and gpu?

did they still send you the side fan? also what do you think of the Amd cpu and gpu?

No they didnt send it, which I was disappointed about, after all technically I did buy the case.
Works perfectly for my needs, I'm not a huge gamer, so probably haven't tested it to its full potential.

I run Warcraft on ultra setting with fraps going, and the fps is solid. Warcraft tends to be pretty CPU heavy so very satisfied.