It Has Arrived!

MrShteeeve

Optimus II: 17.3"
i7-2630QM (2.00GHz) 6MB Cache
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz
nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M -2GB
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)

I was hopeful that when i read pcs' email saying it would be here the next day, but then when i was woken up around 9:20am this morning with the doorbell it became reality :). I signed for the lappy, went back inside and contemplated whether to go back to bed with the other half and wait, or go and open and start it up there and then... Yeah you guessed it, i said sod it to going back to sleep and went into the living room to start unpacking :D.

After getting through the well packed boxes and poly suppoirts i couldnt wait to plug it in and get it going, which i did with slight excitement i must admit >.< haha. Even with the initial details filling in etc it only took me less than 1 minute to get on and into w7 :).

The build quality of the chassis is pretty robust and has a nice and stiff hinge on the display which is nice (compared to my past few laptops). The first thing I did when i got on was to see what windows wanted to rate my laptop as, which i was fairly impressed with which was:

Processor: 7.4
Memory (RAM): 7.6
Graphics: 6.8
Gaming Graphics: 6.8
Primary Hard Disk: 5.9

Which for the price i paid is phenominal compared to my other laptops!

I'm still getting ysed to the whole optimus switch over process but it's still working a treat so i cant complain. Unfortunately I havent got any games to test at the moment but I have FFXIV coming tomorrow so will upload a video of that when i can. All in all this is a great laptop and I cant pick fault with it at all, Iwill be posting pictures very shortly so hold on for them :).

I'd like to thank everyone at PCS for my brand new lappy and everyone in the forums for putting up with my daily updates of how my lappy was doing!

Last edited:

jackh

Bronze Level Poster
i went to collect mine today :p VERY impressed by the speed of it, got through like 45 windows updates in about 10 minutes, even with 3 restarts!

MrShteeeve

Just a few pics i took on my phone (only 5mp) but it's a start :) I'll upload the vid tomorrow as long as i get the games through :)

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

MrShteeeve

Cheers :) at the the moment i dont but im getting it shortly :)

Edit: I now have steam (Mr_Shteeeve) :)

Last edited:

MrShteeeve

Laptop's been all well and good since I got it, only one little niggle, the battery came at a 'Wear Percentage' of 26% which was a shame, so I never got the full 48.8mWhrs of charge but nothing serious. Still impressed with the build for the price I paid, recently purchased F3ar off Steam and very impressed to see it run in Ultra Settings @ 1920x1080 FXAA :) , see pic below. Will add more when I find good shots :)

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I have f3ar on ps3, really wish I had it on pc too, although having 3 screenms and using my turtlebeach headphones might get a little too much for kme on f3ar haha

MrShteeeve

Ha yeah, I have my laptop HDMI'd up to my AV Rec and TV and it's as expected for a F.E.A.R game, impressive, although 3 monitors maybe a little overkill ;)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
To be honest f3ar isnt as scary as the first one. On on a completely different level to doom 3 or amnesia dark decent lol

MrShteeeve

Nah I know, it's been sugar coated a little since the first (always happens with games though), Still an enjoyable play though, although I need a better mouse to play it with, I'm using a £25 Logitech M305 which isn't up to the challenge of precision aiming!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
get a razer mamba :D or if you want mamba but not bothered about wireless and want cheaper then go for the deathadder :) both awesome mice. I would 110% recommend the mamba though :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nice Steve.

Slightly ironic how the guy on the right in the 2nd picture looks just like a CoD player...DERP! :D