It's arrived!

bigben

Master Poster
:) Thanks
It's quite noisy even with the fans on low speed and not doing that much. Would different fans make it quieter or is the noise just something I will have to get used to?

Corfate

Author Level
:) Thanks
It's quite noisy even with the fans on low speed and not doing that much. Would different fans make it quieter or is the noise just something I will have to get used to?

When i got my new pc, i was surprised how loud it was, but that was cause my previous pc was virtually silent :) You get used to it to a certain extent, but if you hate it, you can always replace any case fans that are too loud. You could even change the fans on the CPU if you were feeling adventurous, but as you can guess, it's more tricky and costly :)

bigben

Master Poster
When i got my new pc, i was surprised how loud it was, but that was cause my previous pc was virtually silent :) You get used to it to a certain extent, but if you hate it, you can always replace any case fans that are too loud. You could even change the fans on the CPU if you were feeling adventurous, but as you can guess, it's more tricky and costly :)

Urgh, that sounds too much like effort :p

I'll put up with it, with the SSD it takes no time to just turn it off and on when I need :)

Corfate

Author Level
Urgh, that sounds too much like effort :p

I'll put up with it, with the SSD it takes no time to just turn it off and on when I need :)

I know what you mean, i just got myself an SSD, it's so fast compared to a standard HDD :)

Ps, thanks for the rep :)

bigben

Master Poster
Have you been in the bios and checked if q-fan is enabled etc.
Not entirely comfortable going into the bios without help.. Would it be able to control the fans? I would have thought they were run separately off the fan controller?
Thanks

truegrace

Enthusiast
The stock fans on my cm690 are virtually silent even at Max speed, the gpu fans however, now that's another story.

Is it def the case fans that are giving off the noise?

bigben

Master Poster
do you have a fan controller. If so have you used it to turn the fan speeds down.

The stock fans on my cm690 are virtually silent even at Max speed, the gpu fans however, now that's another story.

Is it def the case fans that are giving off the noise?

Yes, I used the fan controller to temporarily turn the fans off, I think it must be either the GPU or the CPU cooler.
Surely it wouldn't be the GPU if all I'm doing is internet? (obviously I could be wrong).
Does anybody know how to turn down the CPU cooler to have a look? It would be nice if it was a little quieter for general use and I could just turn it up when doing more intensive stuff.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You shouldnt turn it off, you can control the fan speed of the cpu cooler by using asus suite (fan xpert), you can find it in your mobo cd

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Great rig :) Are those the Logitech Z506 speakers and the RAT 7 mouse? Can you let me know what you think of them they're at the top of my list for peripherals. Thx :D

bigben

Master Poster
You shouldnt turn it off, you can control the fan speed of the cpu cooler by using asus suite (fan xpert), you can find it in your mobo cd

Thanks. Did this and found out that the slowest the CPU fan can spin is 2257 RPM. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

bigben

Master Poster
Great rig :) Are those the Logitech Z506 speakers and the RAT 7 mouse? Can you let me know what you think of them they're at the top of my list for peripherals. Thx :D

No and yes.
The speakers are logitech x540, they are really good, nice clear sound and can go pretty loud (enough to wind up the neighbors) but I don't know if you can still get them.
The Rat 7 is good, fits my big hands nicely but can be changed so it would fit smaller hands, haven't really used it for any games yet but I would imagine its good for that as well, for example the button that slows down the cursor speed to make it easier to aim on FPS games.
Probably not as good reviews as you were after but...

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
No and yes.
The speakers are logitech x540, they are really good, nice clear sound and can go pretty loud (enough to wind up the neighbors) but I don't know if you can still get them.
The Rat 7 is good, fits my big hands nicely but can be changed so it would fit smaller hands, haven't really used it for any games yet but I would imagine its good for that as well, for example the button that slows down the cursor speed to make it easier to aim on FPS games.
Probably not as good reviews as you were after but...

No it's fine there're tons of reviews detailing the specs, I just wanted your general opinion as a user, not a reviewer :) I'm 6'2" so I guess my hands would be on the large side of things, so no pb there :) Cheers