Job Interview, any list minute tips?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Due to find out tomorrow, my god I can't sleep with anticipation! Its flipping horrible waiting and not knowing!

Got my fingers crossed for you tom! Start of the summer season tomorrow, so i'll probably forget about by the morning, but let us know the outcome! :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i got the call today, but sadly i didnt get the job :(

she said that it was a very good interview, however there was strong competition and that i was a little nervous and stumbled upon a question.

A bit of a naf excuse i think, however, its done now. Will take it on the chin and move on.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Yup, good to get feedback though.

However, if you'd used Savlon and Gaffer Tape to solve the issues that were put in front of you, the job would have been yours to lose....just sayin :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Just put it down to experience and keep going.
"When one door closes, another door opens"

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah onwards and upwards, I hate 'interview' type interviews. Only had a couple myself but god I sucked at them, at least you got some feedback as to why and you can work on it. Though I doubt stumbling on a question is going to end your chances on its own, something else will show its face before too long.

Good luck with whatever it is...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Worse things happen at sea. Trust me, I know!

It was good interviewing experience (free too) and it's their loss not yours. :)

steaky360

Ah man, it sucks to feel the sting of rejection. But as you say, keep going and try not to let it get you down.

Plus side: More gaming time??

tom_gr7

Life Serving
haha, I'd love to fit more game time in, but im just coming to the end of my 3rd year at uni. So I've got loads to do! Including my whole dissertation. hahah

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I have a job interview on Friday... eek! I'm in a bit of a different position though as I think 3 of the 5 on the panel are already rooting for me.... that said, you just never know.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I have a job interview on Friday... eek! I'm in a bit of a different position though as I think 3 of the 5 on the panel are already rooting for me.... that said, you just never know.

Don't get too confident, prepare as much as you can. Not sure the type of job you are applying for but I spent a weekend going over possible questions and reciting suitable answers for the job I applied for.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Oh I'm not believe me. I'm fortunate to already be in a job, work for the same company, already have DONE that job for about 5 months before moving to my current one (whilst I applied for this one) so things are looking slightly more promising than other applicants. But like I said, you just never know. Absolutely not complacent!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Good luck Nathan, it should be easier if you know these people and to have done the job already is a big plus (unless you were rubbish at it)...

tom_gr7

Life Serving

best of luck mate. I'm sure you'll nail it!

I was looking back on my interview and come to the conclusion that I did nail it. (very modest lol) but they couldnt offer me the job as they had pre chosen who they wanted and by law they had to do interviews anyway.

keynes

Multiverse Poster

I was looking back on my interview and come to the conclusion that I did nail it. (very modest lol) but they couldnt offer me the job as they had pre chosen who they wanted and by law they had to do interviews anyway.

How do you know that? Maybe another candidate was just slightly better suited or performed slightly better than others. I don't see the point, at least in the private sector, of employing someone that is better than other candidates even if you have a preference.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster

Maybe one of the female candidates brought her milkshake to the yard. You didn't stand a chance! :D

PokerFace

Banned
how do you know that? Maybe another candidate was just slightly better suited or performed slightly better than others. I don't see the point, at least in the private sector, of employing someone that is worse than other candidates even if you have a preference.

fyp :)