Just got round to putting my new machine together!

sanj

Not really a new pc from PCS,but as I work there I thought i'd just show some of new the new Thermalright Silver arrow cooler i'm fitting in my new i7 rig.

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Lot's of work to do as all the hard drive's are coming out and cable management is going to take hour's and I can't be bothered today!:)

Corfate

Author Level
Silly question.. But how does it not put stress on the motherboard? Won't the weight on it eventually snap/crack the screw holes where it's connected? :l

Fear

Prolific Poster
Silly question.. But how does it not put stress on the motherboard? Won't the weight on it eventually snap/crack the screw holes where it's connected? :l

No but the PC has to be bolted to the floor so that it does'nt take off.

Corfate

Author Level
No but the PC has to be bolted to the floor so that it does'nt take off.

I don't actually know whether to believe you or not.. I have a mental image of a pc just sort of lifting off... Not that im gullible or anything.. :(

Teaz

Godlike
Yet another big massive cooler lol. Even though its safe, it makes me wonder if these coolers will ever drop off.. lol

I know someone who is a big worry wart with his cooler so he made a wooden stick to balance his big cooler by very slightly pushing it up on the edge top of the cooler so it isnt bent or slighlt slanted haha. Its just balanced on the stick.

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Yet another big massive cooler lol. Even though its save, it makes me wonder if these coolers will ever drop off.. lol

I know someone who is a big worry wart with his cooler so he made a wooden stick to balance his big cooler by very slightly pushing it up on the edge top of the cooler so it isnt bent or slighlt slanted haha. Its just balanced on the stick.

Why not just put the PC on it's side problem solved :p

Teaz

Godlike
Lol i told him that but he said it will just look like a plain worthless box if he did that xD also it would of blocked his cooling vents.

sanj

I don't actually know whether to believe you or not.. I have a mental image of a pc just sort of lifting off... Not that im gullible or anything.. :(

Haha!To be honest it's quite light,around the same weight as the Thermalright 120 x-treme I had on my old quad core setup and fit's very nicely indeed with plenty of bracket's and screw's to hold it in place and super quiet with the 140mm dual fan's,cpu is idleing at around 27oC at the moment,my pc won't be going anywhere as the number of hard drive's and other thing's keep it in place!

Gorman

Author Level
Hey Gorman,yes i'm compensating but did'nt you buy an estate car and a trolley to cart your's around!Post some pic's i'm sure they would love to see it.:tt2:

Nope i bought a van and a trolley. Theres pics of the awesome on my profile.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
No wonder the 787 was plagued with so many delays.... You were stealing the engines! Lol gl with your build though :p