Just ordered this today, beyond excited.

Sigma_89

Hi guys, I ordered this today, on finance which I wasn't expecting to get accepted for! I'm ridiculously excited about this coming, I just hope it gets processed and sent as soon as humanly possible! ;)

Anyway, here's the spec:

The specification below has been formatted so you can easily copy and paste this to our forums when discussing your specification. Once you've copied the specification, please click here to continue.

Case
NZXT M59 GAMING CASE + SIDE WINDOW
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 LE: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
60GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 535MB/sR | 480MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio (£32)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

What do you guys think? Opinions are welcome, as are suggestions for things that could need changed, I only recently got back into being interested in pcs so I might have made some nooby errors. Thanks!

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Are you planning on overclocking? If not you could change the CPU down to the non-K variant, and also swap the RAM for the Samsung 1333Mhz modules.
Although, it can depend on what you're using it for?

Sigma_89

Yeah I want the option of overclocking if I want to and not being limited by the hardware when it comes to doing so. Hence the CPU cooler also. How easy is it to overclock the 2600k?

Fear

Prolific Poster
What are you using the PC for because unless your doing lots of editing you won't need 16GB Ram as 4GB is plenty for gaming and 8GB for most editing future proofing, also are you going to be using a multi monitor setup if not then you can drop the 3GB GTX580 to the 1.5GB version.

Sigma_89

I'm going to be using it as a music station/high-end gaming rig. I plan to run fairly ram intensive programs such as Sibelius with lots of VST plugins, and also use it to record guitar and the like. I also want to be able to play upcoming games like Skyrim and BF3 on their max settings. Is 16gb ram and a 3gb 580 overkill for this? I wanted the pc to be able to handle these types of applications without breaking a sweat, and also not have to worry about it struggling over the next few years. What do you think?

scomil

Get rid of that Audio card. You're better off buying a pro bit of kit. Internal or external. Something with multiple ins and outs. Something like these. I have a M-Audio Fast Track Pro. It's a couple of years old but it still works just as good as when i bought it. It's a priceless bit of kit in the long run.
Other than what others have mentioned. Nice build.

I'm currently on the 7th day of genisis on my build. The PCS have been very informative in letting me know what is happening.
I am officialy at brown-trouser stage of the process.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Get rid of that Audio card. You're better off buying a pro bit of kit. Internal or external. Something with multiple ins and outs. Something like these. I have a M-Audio Fast Track Pro. It's a couple of years old but it still works just as good as when i bought it. It's a priceless bit of kit in the long run.

Not appropriate for gamers really, multi in out external or internal cards are aimed at music production, video production etc.

Gamers if not happy with an onboard card will have more than enough potential in a standard internal soundcard like the one he has ordered.

Id actually advise the other way and not get a soundcard at all, just use the onboard.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
^This

Gamers would probably benefit more from a quality headset, or surround sound speaker setup.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I won't lie, your excitement is infectious Sigma! Wishing you a swift process and a life time of happiness with the rig :D