Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There’s a couple of AppleTV shows coming up that I’m looking forward to…

…but I’m currently re-watching the Edge of Darkness BBC series (in omnibus form, so 3 x 1.5h) in HD on BBC4…and have just finished the final series (season 3) of Studio Canal’s War of The Worlds (English & French cast).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watched Knock at the Cabin. I quite enjoyed it. Tension throughout and did have me second guessing myself at times, to an extent at least.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, it was by no means perfect. The characters seem to have have very limited ability to verbalise, which given the circumstances was strange. A lot of it isn't relatable at all, there's no explanation for this disconnect so I just put it down to lazy writing aiming for the shock with a thinish plot. If you can switch off to that, it's quite dramatic and does have you wondering.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Picard has started off with 2 fantastic episodes. Right on the edge of my seat throughout all of it. I was shouting out the parting phrase on episode 2 before it was even said and then cheered when it was said :ROFLMAO:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Started watching Physical 100 the other night. Quite enjoying it. Korean reality show. Styled, deliberately, like the Squid Games. Pretty entertaining. Dubbed/subtitled if that bothers you.

Watched the final episode last night - and after getting used to the fact its dubbed, I though this was an excellent series. Some really well thought out tasks / questions / competitions that meant it wasnt just all down to muscle and brawl. Already hoping they have a season 2 in the making.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watched the final episode last night - and after getting used to the fact its dubbed, I though this was an excellent series. Some really well thought out tasks / questions / competitions that meant it wasnt just all down to muscle and brawl. Already hoping they have a season 2 in the making.
I finished it on Tuesday pretty much as soon as it came out. I absolutely loved it. The culture and respect towards one another is so humbling. I really want to visit eastern Asia at some point. Japan has been on my bucket list for quite some time.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
After Hook, I continued my trip into the Robin Williams filmography to watch this movie : Good Will Hunting
MV5BOTI0MzcxMTYtZDVkMy00NjY1LTgyMTYtZmUxN2M3NmQ2NWJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I really think it's a good one, and i hope you'll like it as i did ^^

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just watched Polar, available on Netflix. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Similarities to John Wick (could almost call it a blatant rip off at times - "I don't need a dog" is quoted).

It's a lot darker though, sex scenes etc too and definitely not for the faint of heart.

The tagline is "The Professional meets John Wick". This is exactly what it is. Completely under the radar for me and it was released in 2019. Mas Mikkelsen, so you know you're in for a strong performance.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Oscars starting in 15 minutes.

@AgentCooper - Nice to see Everything, Everywhere, all at once getting some fantastic recognition with the nominations. I really hope that Maverick gets one, although I would have thought cinematography would have been up there rather than visual effects. The cinematography of that movie, action in the cockpit (ooerrr), is what really gripped me (ooerrr).... I don't think I would describe that as visual effects, as that's typically post process.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching Picard. This season is like crack. Absolute nostalgia overload.

Massive
I always thought Data would be back, I had no idea how they were going to manage it but they've played it perfectly IMO. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching Picard. This season is like crack. Absolute nostalgia overload.

Massive
I always thought Data would be back, I had no idea how they were going to manage it but they've played it perfectly IMO. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!
I've started it, but only a couple of episodes through season 1. But the premise is very promising, I can tell where it's going with the timelines and the borg, it's really clever even only a few episodes in.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've started it, but only a couple of episodes through season 1. But the premise is very promising, I can tell where it's going with the timelines and the borg, it's really clever even only a few episodes in.
1st season is the least inspiring. It was nice to get some of the band back together though and it was enjoyable.
2nd season really started to get things moving, it went a little weird in the middle but pulled it back nicely in the end.
3rd season is just the cream of the crop. It's been stated this is the last one and it's a shame as they've absolutely nailed it. Don't get me wrong, it's effectively back to Next Generation........ except with money being spent :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1st season is the least inspiring. It was nice to get some of the band back together though and it was enjoyable.
2nd season really started to get things moving, it went a little weird in the middle but pulled it back nicely in the end.
3rd season is just the cream of the crop. It's been stated this is the last one and it's a shame as they've absolutely nailed it. Don't get me wrong, it's effectively back to Next Generation........ except with money being spent :D
Last season? That surprises me, I wonder if that was Patrick Stewarts limitation, or the studios? Patrick has to be what... 82 according to googlage, my god, he's doing well!