Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think it has to do with Patrick Stewart, yes. He is still doing quite well but he does come across very Grandfathery now. He seems like the one you would be looking after down the shops, rather than an admiral entrusted with a mission. Absolutely no disrespect to him in that regard, age will hit us all. The entire crew seem to all have aged very well, but it must be taking quite a toll for such an intense show.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a non-Picard continuation though. It would be a shame to get things on point and then disband.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
And then there's maybe..... just maybe....

If it's received as well as it is by me then it will definitely be considered to have blown the doors off IMO. They've properly got in the Star Trek TNG groove.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think it has to do with Patrick Stewart, yes. He is still doing quite well but he does come across very Grandfathery now. He seems like the one you would be looking after down the shops, rather than an admiral entrusted with a mission. Absolutely no disrespect to him in that regard, age will hit us all. The entire crew seem to all have aged very well, but it must be taking quite a toll for such an intense show.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a non-Picard continuation though. It would be a shame to get things on point and then disband.
I've been following Levar Burton on Twitter, he's a genuinely nice guy, and far more talented than I gave him credit for previously. I'd love to see him in a spin off.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching Picard. This season is like crack. Absolute nostalgia overload.

Massive
I always thought Data would be back, I had no idea how they were going to manage it but they've played it perfectly IMO. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!
I gave up with star Trek years ago

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I gave up with star Trek years ago
I never paid it much attention until I worked in a hotel kitchen and one of the chefs was a huge Trekkie. He introduced me to Voyager which was current at the time and highlighted the cross overs that occurred throughout, opened my eyes to just how clever the writing is from series to series, they all tie together, and often story lines are continued from one series to another.

It's really clever. I also love the morality in it, often highlights some beautiful concepts that I wish the world adopted more of.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Mrs C finally ran out of shows to binge on whilst she’s on the maternity leave the other day so I recommended she give The Mandalorian a go. To my surprise, she is bang into it and powered through every available episode at breakneck speeds.

She has moved onto The Book Of Boba Fett and is enjoying it but had a couple of critiques to make. She says the theme tune is daft, which I agree with. She also says the the title of the show is downright stupid is now referring to it by a new name: The Memoirs of Robert Fetish.

B6DC25B5-2226-4A46-B935-22BCE73C1246.gif

Bhuna50

Author Level
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching Picard. This season is like crack. Absolute nostalgia overload.

Massive
I always thought Data would be back, I had no idea how they were going to manage it but they've played it perfectly IMO. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!

You are not the only one but I am about 2 episodes behind at the moment - just so damn busy in new job - but thoroughly enjoying it (job AND Picard - best series yet I think).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The Night Agent - Netflix. Really enjoyed this. It had a very similar feel to the Bodyguard, similar looking lead as well. It got a little too convenient towards the end, as these things typically do, but it rounded off quite well. I went through this in 2 days and it's getting a bit of buzz now.

Rabbit Hole - Paramount. I went down the rabbit hole with this last night. Didn't feel tired when I went to bed so stuck on an episode at 11.30pm. I didn't get to sleep till after 2 due to watching pretty much all of it. Finished off episode 3 this morning to learn that there won't be another episode until next Sunday. It's really gripping but a tiny bit drawn out.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And here's another one on Paramount, Tulsa king with Sylvester Stallone in the lead role, do I need to say more..........

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Tulsa King was amazing. Absolutely loved it and highly recommend it.

I started watching Plan B the other day. It's got the lad from Suits in it, hence why I fancied giving it a go. He's a lawyer again haha. It's pretty unusual though and I'm quite enjoying it. A little slow at times but enjoyable.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just started watching Crossing Lines on Amazon Prime

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Citadel (on Amazon Prime) is not bad...only 2 episodes so far but has plenty of action (won't test your intelligence or require thought but is a good "let's sit down, turn our brains off and watch people beat each other up" show)....it's worth watching purely because of Stanley Tucci (the reason I looked at it to begin with):

That looks awesome, and love Stanley Tucci and Priyanka Chopra

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Citadel (on Amazon Prime) is not bad...only 2 episodes so far but has plenty of action (won't test your intelligence or require thought but is a good "let's sit down, turn our brains off and watch people beat each other up" show)....it's worth watching purely because of Stanley Tucci (the reason I looked at it to begin with):

Next on my list after I've finished with crossing lines

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watched Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Among Thieves tonight. It's pretty much exactly what you would expect. It does have a nice amount of polish to it in parts though and the budget isn't totally lacking throughout. Solid entertainment for me. Really good cast, witty script in places and some nice nods to the original kids show from the 80s that I loved so much.

If you think the trailer looks OK I think you'll really enjoy it.

steaky360

Watched Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Among Thieves tonight. It's pretty much exactly what you would expect. It does have a nice amount of polish to it in parts though and the budget isn't totally lacking throughout. Solid entertainment for me. Really good cast, witty script in places and some nice nods to the original kids show from the 80s that I loved so much.

If you think the trailer looks OK I think you'll really enjoy it.
I actually think that the trailer didn't do the movie any great favours. Its very 'dungeons and dragons esq.' perhaps obviously. But its well done in my opinion, good 'rpg tropes' throughout.

I enjoyed it, not sure I'd watch it again in a hurry but for a light hearted action flick it was good.