Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Okay, so

The first spiderman animated movie (spiderman into the spiderverse) was awesome...
And you know what, the second movie is even more awesome, better, bombastic !

It's definitely worth the watch, twice !

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Another that slipped through the net for me tonight, Finding Forrester. Great story, same director as Good Will hunting which has a similar feel to it. Sean Connery solid as ever, the joy while cycling really stood out as a poignant part of the movie and he absolutely nailed it.

Could probably write it yourself to be fair but it's good to watch on the screen :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watching Arnold now, on Netflix. On the 2nd episode and thoroughly enjoying it. Really good insight into the guy, there's so much more to him than some people realise.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Watching through Once Upon a Time In Northern Ireland the BBC did. It's a tough watch but incredible look into actual people and families affected by the troubles. Well worth a watch

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but this only just flagged up on my feed.

New series, 1st episode just aired on Disney+

It's Samuel L Jackson in his Nick Fury character from Shield.

Looks promising for any MCU fans!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I watched Secret Invasion yesterday and kept getting distracted...my thoughts were constantly going between "Oh my, SLJ looks really old with that beard" and then it would be "I can't believe how thin Emilia Clarke is these days....I'm sure she's shorter than she used to be...did someone put her on the wrong washing machine cycle?". It was distracting to say the least.

I don't know...I love all things Marvel but there is something that just isn't sitting right with me but I can't put my finger on it...maybe it's the little things all adding up...Maria Hill not quite being Maria Hill enough, if that makes sense, Olivia Colman's character being too over the top
It's not Emilia Clarke...it's a Skrull who wanted to be a thinner, shorter, less squinty Emilia Clarke.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just watching the original Terminator as it's on 5 Action.

The early scene where Arnie has just transported in and walks up to the punks on the bridge.

Now I knew one of them was a young Bill Paxton, it totally escaped me that the other guy with speaking part is Brian Thompson from loads of series back in the 90s like the Judge in Buffy, and Baywatch and the weird unkillable alien in the X-Files. Just totally missed it until now!

I love this movie!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I remember spotting him in Terminator after watching a ton of X-Files :D

Very menacing character portrayal from him, he always gave me the fear haha.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not sure how this escaped me, bit Evil Drad Rise hit cinemas in April and was premiered on Max streaming channel on 23rd June!

It's been nominated for awards and is rated as the biggest horror release this year

Really enjoyed it. My eldest (13) is a huge horror fan like me, so I let her watch ridiculously inappropriate movies 😆

I'm sure this has been mentioned, I'm sure I've mentioned it myself, black mirror is one of the darkest series of all time imo. Anyone who likes twisted thriller/drama/sci-fi should check it out. Very unique perspective of alternate realities and possibilities. Season 6 recently arrived, finished it last night and it's fantastic. It was well budgeted this time around and you really see and feel the polish. The casting really impressed me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm just watching through IT Crowd again which is funnier than I remembered, doesn't get old.

But this episode particularly forewarns about social media just as Facebook was starting out, it's really funny, but also an incredibly accurate depiction of what was to come