Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
New series of True Detective with Jodie Foster starring. Keeping to the dark broody feel of the series. I'm looking forward to this, I love Jodie.

The first season is probably my favourite piece of cinema of any genre, Matthew McConaughey just absolutely blew it out of the water, and the writing was incredible. Haven't watched 2 and 3 yet, 2 was a bit of a let down from reviews, but I'll still watch it eventually.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
New series of True Detective with Jodie Foster starring. Keeping to the dark broody feel of the series. I'm looking forward to this, I love Jodie.

The first season is probably my favourite piece of cinema of any genre, Matthew McConaughey just absolutely blew it out of the water, and the writing was incredible. Haven't watched 2 and 3 yet, 2 was a bit of a let down from reviews, but I'll still watch it eventually.
I recently binge watched seasons 1-3 again to get me pumped for the new one. Season two was good, it just had the impossible to follow after Harrelson and McConaughey’s series. And Mahershala Ali is watchable in anything so season three is worth a gander.

Mrs C and I are currently on Boardwalk Empire, hopefully by the time we’re done we’ll be able to watch all of the new True Detective episodes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I recently binge watched seasons 1-3 again to get me pumped for the new one. Season two was good, it just had the impossible to follow after Harrelson and McConaughey’s series. And Mahershala Ali is watchable in anything so season three is worth a gander.

Mrs C and I are currently on Boardwalk Empire, hopefully by the time we’re done we’ll be able to watch all of the new True Detective episodes.
I've only seen season 1 so far, do the other series tie in together or are they completely separate? Is there any benefit to watching them in sequence?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've only seen season 1 so far, do the other series tie in together or are they completely separate? Is there any benefit to watching them in sequence?
They’re essentially in the same universe but completely unconnected. I think the case in season one is briefly mentioned in the second season but there’s no character crossovers.

Line ‘em up and watch them in whatever order you like, amigo.

IMG_9957.gif

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watched The Beekeeper there. Another movie that's pretty much what you would expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending was very abrupt but I think they're leaving the door wide open. I thought it was well made, with Statham doing Statham things :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Watched The Beekeeper there. Another movie that's pretty much what you would expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending was very abrupt but I think they're leaving the door wide open. I thought it was well made, with Statham doing Statham things :D
I'm a huge fan of Statham, I know he's been hugely typecast for his whole career but it's a winning formula in my view. I also like his relatively humble background, he's a fairly down to earth guy that just caught a break. I like that.

SiAdams

I've only seen season 1 so far, do the other series tie in together or are they completely separate? Is there any benefit to watching
Ive started watching season 4 so I'm going backwards 🤣 it's got me locked in. I can't get my head around Christopher Eccleston though. He's a great actor but I think I've seen him in too many English series for him to pull him off a strong American accent

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just been reminded of this one, this came out in 2000 called The Cell with J-Lo, it didn't get great reviews, but I always really liked it. She's a psychiatrist and has to go into the mind of a mass murderer to find out where he's hidden his victims, it's a really beautiful quite arty film, as well as being pretty twisted

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Just been reminded of this one, this came out in 2000 called The Cell with J-Lo, it didn't get great reviews, but I always really liked it. She's a psychiatrist and has to go into the mind of a mass murderer to find out where he's hidden his victims, it's a really beautiful quite arty film, as well as being pretty twisted

homer remembers the poster in the video rental store

3e3iTtWnXU8AHqNonHykUgnXQad.jpg

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Personally I love this

SiAdams

Agree! This gives me the lawnmower man vibes! Don't know why

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
this is a violent film but homer thought micheal canes acting is understated, yet menacing and homer thought it was a good performance, warning though, the film is violent, although the trailer is does not show much

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
this is a violent film but homer thought micheal canes acting is understated, yet menacing and homer thought it was a good performance, warning though, the film is violent, although the trailer is does not show much

I think his best film ever and probably one of the best British gang films of all time. He was absolutely incredible and Sean Harris who plays the totally bonkers addict leader was amazing too.