Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That used to be my own ‘end credits’ song when I was coming back from a long drive/commute.

I worked out that I could start it as I came off the motorway, and it would end just as I turned into my road..although it only really worked on late night drives, as otherwise traffic could seriously screw my timing up (but I’d just start it again).

Used to have playlists specifically for the type of driving mood I was in. Lots of Jamiroquai for cross-country, fast road jaunts; 80s/90s EDM to keep me awake after a hard week; silence for when I really needed to concentrate on the driving; even had a phase of playing nothing but Buddha Bar albums (Claude Challe & Ravin) after working in Paris for a while and eating there every week.

SiAdams

this is a violent film but homer thought micheal canes acting is understated, yet menacing and homer thought it was a good performance, warning though, the film is violent, although the trailer is does not show much

We watched this the other day. Absolutely brilliant. Plan B was decent in this as well

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
due to be released July 2024

Yeah, I saw this and am all for it. Apparently it's not at all connected to the first film, it's like each series of the True Detective series. I have high hopes.

Also in recent news:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
First poster for Deadpool & Wolverine, due July 26th!!!!
IMG_0418.jpeg

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
for me to watch one film with snacks at the movies costs too much,
It certainly is an expensive trip out, but if I'm hyped up enough about the movie, I'll pay it. But with the addition of a near guaranteed headache after a couple of hours sat in a darkened room with a big, bright screen, the required hype for me to put myself through it gets higher and higher - I don't go very often these days!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
It certainly is an expensive trip out, but if I'm hyped up enough about the movie, I'll pay it. But with the addition of a near guaranteed headache after a couple of hours sat in a darkened room with a big, bright screen, the required hype for me to put myself through it gets higher and higher - I don't go very often these days!

cinemas as we know them are dying out as they cannot compete with home entertainment, tv screens are far better these days and with streaming it makes it easier to stay in. I also dont think cinemas are seen as a social gathering anymore, compared to say night clubs, restaurants etc.

robin h 25

Will it be as bad as the original TV series
I've never seen the original Planet of the Apes TV series, so i can't say,
I've seen, I believe the first 5 original movies 1964 - 1973, which i thought was ok, then the reboot in 2001, again was ok, then the re-reboot in 2011-2017 which i thought was a fantastic film trilogy, Rise / Dawn / War.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've never seen the original Planet of the Apes TV series, so i can't say,
I've seen, I believe the first 5 original movies 1964 - 1973, which i thought was ok, then the reboot in 2001, again was ok, then the re-reboot in 2011-2017 which i thought was a fantastic film trilogy, Rise / Dawn / War.
Yeah, I really enjoyed the latest films, they were definitely the best adaptations to date.

I admired the originals for their originality, but let's face it, production wise, they were quite hammy. And I know Charlton Heston is regarded as one of our finest actors, but I always found him wooden and scripted (pauses for excrement throwing).