Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Alien: Romulus, due for release this summer 16th August. V excited for this!

I'm hoping the film is of better quality (acting, dialogue) than the trailer...felt like something written, directed & produced by the same AI that did Willy's Chocolate Wonderland last weekend.

robin h 25

Unfortunately this is not the "Official" Trailer, but a fanmade one, and I hate these fanmade trailers that get branded as official, Nevertheless I'm looking forward to Alien Romulus, I hear that the events in the film takes place after the event of Alien but before Aliens, Hopefully the true Official trailer drops soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately this is not the "Official" Trailer, but a fanmade one, and I hate these fanmade trailers that get branded as official, Nevertheless I'm looking forward to Alien Romulus, I hear that the events in the film takes place after the event of Alien but before Aliens, Hopefully the true Official trailer drops soon.
OH, apologies for that! Thanks for flagging, it's cheeky as it states official from Hulu, will remove it and wait for an official one.

robin h 25

OH, apologies for that! Thanks for flagging, it's cheeky as it states official from Hulu, will remove it and wait for an official one.
I watched the trailer thinking it was the official trailer and saw scenes in this trailer that were taken from an Alien short that were shot a few years ago, What I had seen in this trailer is old footage/clips to me that i've seen before, there was nothing new that indicated that this was an official trailer.

You'll recognise most of the so called official trailer in these Alien shorts, There are six Alien short film all together

Last edited:

steaky360

I'm looking forward to it but also have significant trepidation that they may retcon the original franchise into oblivion... Hopefully I'm totally wrong.

I have a lot of love for the Alien Series rekindled and re-fired from the Alien RPG tabletop game which I'm a huge fan of!

I watched the trailer thinking it was the official trailer and saw scenes in this trailer that were taken from an Alien short that were shot a few years ago, What I had seen in this trailer is old footage/clips to me that i've seen before, there was nothing new that indicated that this was an official trailer.

You'll recognise most of the so called official trailer in these Alien shorts, There are six Alien short film all together
Those Shorts were absolutely excellent! Properly 'ALIEN'!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wow, had no idea this was being made!

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, with Jenna Ortega, Monica Bellucci and Willem Dafoe, and of course, Michael Keaton, and Directed by Tim Burton - Due 6th September 2024

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, with Jenna Ortega, Monica Bellucci and Willem Dafoe, and of course, Michael Keaton, and Directed by Tim Burton - Due 6th September 2024

So it begins GIF - Find on GIFER

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

That should be good, the original is an absolute classic

SiAdams

This must have been mentioned but when I search "Kin" it doesn't work, too many similarities. But man, this is a great series. Currently going through series 2. It is on BBC iplayer for anyone keen to watch.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This must have been mentioned but when I search "Kin" it doesn't work, too many similarities. But man, this is a great series. Currently going through series 2. It is on BBC iplayer for anyone keen to watch.

This is on my to-watch list. Heard a lot of good reports on it. I also want to watch Gentlemen.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This is on my to-watch list. Heard a lot of good reports on it. I also want to watch Gentlemen.
Kin is pretty decent watched both seasons, I have to say The Gentlemen isn't gripping me, I watched the first few episodes and yeah it's funny and wild and fun but there's just something about it that's just not clicking with me.

Maybe it's the characters, in the Gentlemen movie the last people I gave a crap about where the rich aristocrats and this show is basically just that so I think that's where it's losing me