Long Pre-Production time?

DrSurvey

Upgrading in order to play Titanfall when it comes out? If that so, you're not the only one. :)
Mine is on day 5 of processing.

Of course!

Sadly not. I am in between jobs in West Africa. Currently just about to start travelling back from Nigeria today, and then around the 12th of March I head off to Angola. So if I can get it by the 10th it means that it gives me a day to load it up!!

Although today I got that DREADED EMAIL OF DOOM AND HORROR that caused a wee bitty of a discussion.

DrSurvey

Sadly not. I am in between jobs in West Africa. Currently just about to start travelling back from Nigeria today, and then around the 12th of March I head off to Angola. So if I can get it by the 10th it means that it gives me a day to load it up!!

Although today I got that DREADED EMAIL OF DOOM AND HORROR that caused a wee bitty of a discussion.

Well I have just moved into Pre-Production! Here's hoping that it comes soon and there are no problems with getting any components.

andgib

My laptop was despatched today on its 11th working day.

never made it to preproduction. 8th day was still processing, 9th was straight to building, 10th testing and sent out on 11th.

DrSurvey

What working day did your's start building on and how long was it on building for? :)

I went from Processing to building to testing in one day.

I did, however, order the SkyfireIII review model so I would imagine that they had everything easily available.

iRMatt

Bronze Level Poster
What was your order?

Like I said, I went for the Skyfire III review spec so I would imagine that it may have moved quickly. Either that or I got lucky.

Just a customly built one, sadly the live support is useless and they use generic answers which are based on the stage of production and are not true.

Last edited:

steaky360

Just a customly built one, sadly the live support is useless and they use generic answers which are based on the stage of production and are not true.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement... I don't think that's entirely accurate (certainly not in my experience) the live support were excellent in determining the status of my first build from PCS when I was experiencing delays/other issues.

Perhaps you're being impatient? If there are no issues with your build then the generic answers are probably the most accurate, what makes you say they are not true?

iRMatt

Bronze Level Poster
That's a bit of a sweeping statement... I don't think that's entirely accurate (certainly not in my experience) the live support were excellent in determining the status of my first build from PCS when I was experiencing delays/other issues.

Perhaps you're being impatient? If there are no issues with your build then the generic answers are probably the most accurate, what makes you say they are not true?

A friend told me to stay away from the live support and when my order went into pre-production every day I asked about my order, just to see what they said. Every time it was the same "1~2 days and it will be building". Well, that was Monday, it is now Thursday and they said the same. It's not their fault though, I feel they don't have much information given to them to help us.

matoakley

Bronze Level Poster
Communication could be better. I was in day 12 of pre-production when I eventually rang up and checked the status. Turned out the case was out of stock.

Would have been much easier just to have been emailed saying it was out of stock.

OldmanQ

Order Dispatched 9 working days Brilliant ** and i even changed spec once order had been placed ( for an item not in stock until the end of the month )

Phoned up once about a Saturday delivery and they answered whiten 5 rings answered question no need for Saturday delivery its coming Friday..Whoop Whoop big thumbs up from me

thought i would post this up to even out the yin yang situation on good or bad

iRMatt

Bronze Level Poster
Order Dispatched 9 working days Brilliant ** and i even changed spec once order had been placed ( for an item not in stock until the end of the month )

Phoned up once about a Saturday delivery and they answered whiten 5 rings answered question no need for Saturday delivery its coming Friday..Whoop Whoop big thumbs up from me

thought i would post this up to even out the yin yang situation on good or bad

Awesome, they told me it's all in stock so I guess i'm just on day 9 pre production and waiting lol

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Although I created a thread about how long pre-production will take on my order (last November), I'd say stop complaining about it. You'll get your orders when they are ready to be sent out. You all just need a little patience.

Ringing every day to see 'what they say' ? I'd say you're impatient.

Last edited:

iRMatt

Bronze Level Poster
Although I created a thread about how long pre-production will take on my order (last November), I'd say stop complaining about it. You'll get your orders when they are ready to be sent out. You all just need a little patience.

Ringing every day to see 'what they say' ? I'd say your impatient.

If I invest a huge sum of money into a company I'd like to think I can use the support as frequent as I like.

Also, you're*.