Looking for opinions, suggestions and advice on my first PC Build *UPDATED*

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So do they act like extrernal usb hubs? Or are they inside the actual tower/ creating additional actual ports on the outside of the case..? I looked at the prices and there isnt really much difference but running out of ports is something I always worry about (not sure why tbh), and I havent had great experiences with hubs and am not sure how they work and if they lessen the transfer speed etc due to creating multiple ports from a single one if that makes any sense?
They take you from ten USB ports on the case (between the motherboard IO and the front connectors on the case) to 12 USB ports on the case. To my mind that isn't worthwhile, especially as it clutters up the inside of the case.

Hubs can slow transfer rates down for the devices that are plugged into them, but many USB devices won't mind that (mouse, keyboard, game controller, webcam, for instance) so they can happily be plugged into a hub. Devices that use the full USB bandwidth (basically just SSDs for most people, possibly also things like 4K capture cards: I'm not sure) should go directly into the motherboard, but I doubt you have ten of them!

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
The 3070 and strix 3070 are the same GPU but different models. The Asus is far more expensive although performance is around the same for any card of the same GPU. The standard 3070 selection is a pot luck of which make and model you get. The reason the strix is separated is because it's substantially more expensive.

The 3070ti is a different GPU.
Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread,
I have put my order in but just wanted to clear something up. Above, we had discussed the difference between nvidia 3070 and the asus strix 3070 models, but one we didnt mention was the asus tuf gaming geforce 3070? As they are all 3070s, I just wanted to know how the performance of this would compare as it is(very) slightly cheaper?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
With very small margins, a 3070 is a 3070 is a 3070. There will be negligible difference between them, other than perhaps aesthetics. (For Asus, Tuf is actually a tier below Strix in their lineup.)

A 3070 Ti, however, would be an upgrade, and they are currently just a tiny bit more on PCS (like, say, £10). If that's the case for your order, get that; otherwise, stick with what you've already ordered.

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
With very small margins, a 3070 is a 3070 is a 3070. There will be negligible difference between them, other than perhaps aesthetics. (For Asus, Tuf is actually a tier below Strix in their lineup.)

A 3070 Ti, however, would be an upgrade, and they are currently just a tiny bit more on PCS (like, say, £10). If that's the case for your order, get that; otherwise, stick with what you've already ordered.
Thankyou!
Also, should I connect the monitor using HDMI or displayport? As my monitor has come with both?