Mass Effect 2

Xavien

Enthusiast
Well the sims 3 was ok if you installed it to the default folder otherwise you couldnt update the game, i was one of the hundreds that had nothing but problems with the sims 3 and EA did nothing about it no matter how many times we contacted support. So much so i wont be buying anymore sims games

Sweeney47

Can we please not corrupt a thread dedicated to one of the most awesome games ever developed with talk of one of the worst franchises ever developed?

:eek:

Xavien

Enthusiast
here here :) i can second that one :) and with only a week or so left to go before this fantastic new expansion i just cant wait!!

Sweeney47

at some point im going to need to get ME1 on PC and playthrough it properly so that my ME2 char has the decisions I want... ie anderson on the council etc

Xavien

Enthusiast
Oh without doubt sweeney it needs to be played. I never played ME1 when it was released and bought ME2 because it was recomended to me, it had such high praise that i shelved the game and bought the steam version of ME1 and played it through first. I was so glad that i did because there are a few decisions like youve mentioned but you get a real feel for the characters especially Liara, John, Tali etc.... Plus you get to meet Liara mum (i believe marina sirtis (troi from star trek) does her voice over if i remember correctly. It also sets the story up really well and if you set up the graphics to its max (i believe you cant set the resolution higher then 1280x1024 in game it has to be ran from a exe file within the game folder somewhere) it actually still looks really good even though its 3+ years old.

Failing that i think you can get it for around £6-10 on amazon, its a great cheap and fun way to spend 50 or so hours :)

Sweeney47

I originally played ME1 on the 360 as my brother had a copy and I was bored of whatever PC games I had at the time and it grabbed me completely but I have always been a PC gamer so I got ME2 on PC. ME2 does a good job over covering the basics of ME1 so you can play it without it (explains the Husks on Horizon etc) but having played ME1 as you say you just connect to the people in it, rather than bumping into Tali and being told there was a past between you, you've actually played that past, same with Garrus. My aim would be to have played through 1+2 with a character ready for ME3 so I would think I've got a good stretch of time to pull that off :eek:

Zeplini

got both Mass Effects on 360 and played through the first, but the second ive just stalled not to far into the game, i just hate the pad control and die a lot wasting time trying to aim - guess i will have to buy it in the next steam sale for the pc

Xavien

Enthusiast
Yes i think your safe for now sweeney :) mass effect 3 is one of my most waited for games of all time, i hope they dont disapoint. Depending on if liara now hates me for dating miranda and Tali (in another play through) i might be playing it through again :)

Valkyrie

I never thought I'd say this about a game but Mass Effect is something you have to experience before you die.

:D

Xavien

Enthusiast
Totally agree, if you like games it has to be played, theres very few other games im looking forward to as much as the next one

LDUK

Master Poster
Totally agree, if you like games it has to be played, theres very few other games im looking forward to as much as the next one

Oh yeah, I agree with that too. I can't think of a game I'm more looking forward too than ME3. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to some games, just not as much.