Minecraft Updated Cartpgraphy 06/02/2011

Sleinous

Author Level
So i had to use MCMap this time as the world is 390mb...

used up over 1.5GB of RAM constantly to process and took around 1hr to do lol.

The finished .png is 99mb... so I very much doubt any of you will be able to see this but ill put the link up anyways lol..

http://sleinous.dyndns.info/pictures/output.png

EDIT: Well there you go, it doesnt even display, it does in Windows Photo Viewer and doesnt in Picture Manager lmao so im guessing the .png is so fricking huge FF is erroring out or something. If anyone knows how to compress this up nicely lemme know. (Without losing teh detail).

Al.Neri

Super Star
you could try saving as gif, it will limit the number of colours to 257, but for minecraft, that shouldn't be a problem. PNG images are lossless, so they are naturally going to be big. if you save as jpg, you are going to get a lot of detail loss no matter how little you compress it.

I'd try the gif method first, if that doesn't make the file significantly smaller, you might have to resize it.

Al.Neri

Super Star
if you zip it, you are probably only be going to knock about 20-25% off the overall size. it will still be a sizeable file. you'd also have to find somewhere to host it that has decent bandwidth allowances.

Nemesis

peer to peer

oh and btw im not really being serious so dont tell me im being stupid im just throwing it out there

jojo_x

Hey guys,
Our map looks like a fish, sorta. :p
mineshark.png

(I did draw the eye btw)

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Lol it took me about 4 minutes to actually open the picture and used up all the Ram I had, but yeah. Looks very good.

I thought I'd point out....

spikorules.png

(Spiko Rules.)

Muhuhahaha...

:p

Al.Neri

Super Star
Hey guys,
Our map looks like a fish, sorta. :p
mineshark.png

(I did draw the eye btw)

I didn't realise I had travelled that far. I knew I'd gone a fair bit, but not quite as far as that.

it takes me to fly from the spawn point, all the way to the right, well over 5 minutes, and that is with the float mod speed set to X10. I'm guessing if you were to walk across the map in a straight line from side to side at regular speed, it would possibly take over an hour to do so.

Sleinous

Author Level
Yep the map is nearly 400mb for me to process now lol. As for the map, ye i could upload to Megaupload.

Also whoever it is planting damn trees on my airbus, stop it! Grrr.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Confused. Are ya trying to compress it so its faster to download so you can just put it up as a download link, or so its easier for people to open when it is downloaded? Theres no way ya gonna get it so ya can view it in browser without losing most of the detail (I think).

I just downloaded it as is, although it took a while, and opened it in Windows Photo viewer.

Sleinous

Author Level
lol tiles? No idea how to do that. & lol ye I can only upload at 50kb/s so it took you 45 minutes. Please refrain from "Saving Target As..." coz its hogging all my house's bandwidth. Ok now i've told you that someone's gonna start mass downloading it lmao. Guess i'd better take the map down. Anyways, just compress the image up as a .zip or .rar and upload it to megaupload.

Al.Neri

Super Star
half the image size in a grphics program then save it as gif and zip it up

I downloaded the png version, but it said it wasn't a valid png file when I tried to open it in PSP. it would only let me view it in windows photo viewer.