More Playstation games coming to PC

Les Whyte

I have always wanted to try TLOU but haven't had the PS console to do it...almost bought a PS4 recently to play it (well, that and GT7) but decided I couldn't justify the outlay. Will be counting down the days...hopefully it's nearer September than the end of the year as the only game I was looking forward to this year, TDU: Solar Crown, has been delayed till next year
Hoping for GT7 here too, but probably a couple of years away, if it happens at all. By then we should have Assetto Corsa 2 :unsure:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I may incur some forum wrath here… but I feel that Naughty Dog’s games are massively overrated. TLOU has a great storyline but the gameplay is actually pretty meh, rinse and repeat sneak and stab action.
The giraffe was the highlight.

Uncharted 2 was their best game, in my opinion. The rest have all been style over substance and I get the feeling that their studio is full of people who originally wanted to work in the movie industry but couldn’t quite cut it.

Opinion piece over, let the hate begin!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I may incur some forum wrath here… but I feel that Naughty Dog’s games are massively overrated. TLOU has a great storyline but the gameplay is actually pretty meh, rinse and repeat sneak and stab action.

Uncharted 2 was their best game, in my opinion. The rest have all been style over substance and I get the feeling that their studio is full of people who originally wanted to work in the movie industry but couldn’t quite cut it.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I thought that gif might be coming my way. There’s a couple more I’ll need to compete ‘angry and shocked’ gif bingo 😜
im-not-angry-im-just-disappointed.gif

Same here. Hands down probably one of the best games ever I'd say. It's about time it was on PC.

It's confirmed for September 2nd for PS5, PC will be a little later, but hopefully this year.
My birthday is September, so if it did happen to release then, that's my birthday gift to myself sorted!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I ended up treating myself to Spider Man for my birthday as TLOU didn't make an appearance yet. Spider Man: Miles Morales is out in November and while I'd love to buy it, I won't be able to play it with all the bells and whistles at 4K, as it's wanting something pretty beefy:

Capture.JPG

I'm lacking the 32GB and a 5900X. I guess I'll just have to play it with RT off!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I hate the mechanics of Spiderman. I've been playing it on and off over the past while on the PS5. It's proper clunky to me.

The entire game is Arkham with a Spiderman costume for me though..... only the fight mechanics are all over the place. Even swinging through the city is awkward.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast

I've never played TLOU, or seen much about it or Uncharted 2.
However. I'm fairly active in the Steam Discussion forum for the Days Gone game.
In general, the consensus of opinion is that Days Gone is a better game than either, overall. Good, if a bit generic storyline; standard gameplay; stunning visuals; some grind jobs; good explanatory cut scene videos; explorable open world drawn from real life Oregon (they've taken a lot of the 'best bits' and compressed them into this world); exploring gets you a lot of the collectables, which gets you points.
Days Gone has troubles of it's own though. A huge number of posts in the discussion forum are complaints about the games graphics glitching, the game stuttering, the game freezing or crashing. But a lot of others saying they've played it all the way through with no problem. I'm one of the later, using the rig in my sig', which is below minimum spec for the game and nowhere near the recommended.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've never played TLOU, or seen much about it or Uncharted 2.
However. I'm fairly active in the Steam Discussion forum for the Days Gone game.
In general, the consensus of opinion is that Days Gone is a better game than either, overall. Good, if a bit generic storyline; standard gameplay; stunning visuals; some grind jobs; good explanatory cut scene videos; explorable open world drawn from real life Oregon (they've taken a lot of the 'best bits' and compressed them into this world); exploring gets you a lot of the collectables, which gets you points.
Days Gone has troubles of it's own though. A huge number of posts in the discussion forum are complaints about the games graphics glitching, the game stuttering, the game freezing or crashing. But a lot of others saying they've played it all the way through with no problem. I'm one of the later, using the rig in my sig', which is below minimum spec for the game and nowhere near the recommended.
I picked up my "Lord of Steam" nickname for having a ridiculous Steam library and backlog, but Days Gone is a game I don't own, but really like the look of. It'll join my backlog eventually I'm sure - probably if/when it's one of the Humble Choice giveaways!

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I picked up my "Lord of Steam" nickname for having a ridiculous Steam library and backlog, but Days Gone is a game I don't own, but really like the look of. It'll join my backlog eventually I'm sure - probably if/when it's one of the Humble Choice giveaways!
All I can is that I am enjoying it still, on the 3rd play through.
If I were you, I'd have a read through of the discussion forum for Days Gone. There are a lot of posts about technical problems with playing the game. How much is due to having a badly balanced computer setup I couldn't say. I have very few problems, and those are easily blamed on my below spec computer. If I still have the same problems on the new one, I won't be a happy teddy bear. I'll have to wait and see.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've added it to my Wishlist.
I'll buy it when it's half price or better 😁
Considering the general quality of the Sony PC ports so far, I'm happy enough to buy most of them for pretty much full price to encourage them to keep moving games over. February is going to be a heavy one for me, so the likes of this coming out in March will mean I'll be waiting until later in the year to buy - sale or not!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
All I can is that I am enjoying it still, on the 3rd play through.
If I were you, I'd have a read through of the discussion forum for Days Gone. There are a lot of posts about technical problems with playing the game. How much is due to having a badly balanced computer setup I couldn't say. I have very few problems, and those are easily blamed on my below spec computer. If I still have the same problems on the new one, I won't be a happy teddy bear. I'll have to wait and see.
No pressure (please say no!), but Days Gone for 13 quid this weekend. Worth it?

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
No pressure (please say no!), but Days Gone for 13 quid this weekend. Worth it?
For £13? I can't say no. Sorry :LOL:

It is a rather Ubisoft style game, so if you'd find that annoying, don't.
I haven't played any Ubisoft games yet to compare, but a fair few posts in the Steam Discussion group level that accusation at it.
Side missions, collectables, all that stuff. It can be a bit of a grind doing them all initially, but I like it anyway.
I'm now playing it for the 4th time. Starting from scratch on the Hard 2 Level. It's hard going all right.
My first time was on Easy, that was difficult. Then New Game+ for the next 2 levels, relatively easy (top end gear and all skills 100%)
New Game on Hard 2 has gone back to difficult again, with bottom end everything :)