More Playstation games coming to PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No. It happens every so often, so I figured I'd get up now, start work early (7am is the earliest I'm able to log on), finish early and have a nap then.

Spotify and answering Martin's request for more puzzle games over in the giveaway thread should keep me busy for a bit!
Starting at 7 is magical, you feel like you still have most of the day after work

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Starting at 7 is magical, you feel like you still have most of the day after work
I normally start between 8 and 8:30, so this is going to feel weird, but I guess probably not a total shock to the system. I'm on medication that I have to take an hour before I eat, so I'm often awake around 7 so I can have breakfast before I start work. I guess I can have that medication at about 6 so the option for 7 to 7:30 start is on the table

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Ghost of Tsushima has been drawn into the Helldivers 2 situation with forced refunds for countries without PSN access

GNQOGNGXAAAXFlm

That's GoT being review bombed to hell on release next week then.

On more positive news (for me at least!) God of War: Ragnarok is rumoured to be the next Sony game on its way to PC. I've still not got around to finishing the first one (partly because I was waiting for Ragnarok to become available so I could play them back to back.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ghost of Tsushima has been drawn into the Helldivers 2 situation with forced refunds for countries without PSN access

GNQOGNGXAAAXFlm

That's GoT being review bombed to hell on release next week then.

On more positive news (for me at least!) God of War: Ragnarok is rumoured to be the next Sony game on its way to PC. I've still not got around to finishing the first one (partly because I was waiting for Ragnarok to become available so I could play them back to back.

Sony have to backtrack on this, it's absolute madness and I have no idea what makes them believe it's acceptable at any level.

The only benefit is to artificially boost their PSN numbers so they can parade that to investors that I can see, can't see any other practical requirement for it whatsoever.

But the fact they've doubled down on it with GoT is going to do untold damage to their brand, it's totally insane.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh wow! Check out Sonys stock price since the Helldivers 2 controversy!!!

It’s obviously more than just about their games division, Sony have their hand in a lot of pies, but obviously the market is upset about something and the timeline just fits so perfectly with the 4th for Helldivers and then the 9th for GoT

IMG_0757.jpeg

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

It’s obviously more than just about their games division, Sony have their hand in a lot of pies, but obviously the market is upset about something and the timeline just fits so perfectly with the 4th for Helldivers and then the 9th for GoT

View attachment 41043
Doing my bit to kick Sony while they're down (comparitively!), I've requested a refund for GoT, I pre-ordered a couple of months back, so there's no guarantee that Steam will give me it as it's more than 14 days ago. I'm concerned that Sony could pull this stunt in future games, and since the game hasn't released yet, there's a possibility that I may get it. I requested the refund be paid as Steam funds, so Valve will still get their cut, as a further gesture to show it's not Steam I have the issue with.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Doing my bit to kick Sony while they're down (comparitively!), I've requested a refund for GoT, I pre-ordered a couple of months back, so there's no guarantee that Steam will give me it as it's more than 14 days ago. I'm concerned that Sony could pull this stunt in future games, and since the game hasn't released yet, there's a possibility that I may get it. I requested the refund be paid as Steam funds, so Valve will still get their cut, as a further gesture to show it's not Steam I have the issue with.
This is what bothers me, it’s not about helldivers or GoT, it’s about what control it gives Sony moving forwards if it’s allowed and what exactly is their motive for it in the first place, as it just doesn’t make any sense. Why are they willing to drag their image through the mud for something that literally has such little bearing on them, yet has so many implications on their loyal customer base? There’s something only Sony understands about all this.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As Mr Rossmann says with all this enshitification…it’s a pirate life for him…although that was more in relation to streaming services adding adverts into premium services, or removing your access to ‘bought’ items when the reseller’s licence expires.

I’m a single-player-gamer, so ‘always-connected, or account-tied games really boil my urine.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As Mr Rossmann says with all this enshitification…it’s a pirate life for him…although that was more in relation to streaming services adding adverts into premium services, or removing your access to ‘bought’ items when the reseller’s licence expires.

I’m a single-player-gamer, so ‘always-connected, or account-tied games really boil my urine.
I'm totally single player also, the only time I'll buy an online centred game is if it's got a really rich campaign mode, like Titanfall 2 but that's only because of how good the first game was.

But that's exactly what they're pushing a huge amount of dedicated players to do is move to piracy, it's literally their only option!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've only ever pirated games that are no longer available, and going forward, I'll look to stick to that approach, but some of the bigger companies are testing me on that.

I know when there's crackdowns on pirating, they tend to go after those doing the original uploading, and then hit a handful of downloaders at random as a deterrent. I've got the kind of bad luck where the first time I pirated a new game, I'd be one of the random downloaders hit with the punishment!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've only ever pirated games that are no longer available, and going forward, I'll look to stick to that approach, but some of the bigger companies are testing me on that.

I know when there's crackdowns on pirating, they tend to go after those doing the original uploading, and then hit a handful of downloaders at random as a deterrent. I've got the kind of bad luck where the first time I pirated a new game, I'd be one of the random downloaders hit with the punishment!
I haven't pirated anything since early 2000's I quickly learnt that finding sources without embedded nasties was basically impossible. It's not worth the risk for me.

But yeah, I'm keen not to be giving Sony a license to continue this behaviour, although I would sell my soul to finally play GoT!!!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
But yeah, I'm keen not to be giving Sony a license to continue this behaviour, although I would sell my soul to finally play GoT!!!
There's enough Irish in my background that I'm essentially ginger, but with really dark brown hair, so I have no soul. Would definitely sell what's left of it to play GoT!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

View attachment 41043

im sorry but graph makes homer laugh :ROFLMAO: