**Mostly Not Solved** :-( 4fps

BT81

Enthusiast
Much as you're not going to like it
Correct ;- ) - I don't like it haha

So. I'm going to do this next week, as I'm still in grumpy mc grumpy phase of my life. At least I know a bit more now than I did on Friday.
I have everything on onedrive, and family office 365 - so really after that. It's steam / thunder master / filmora and gears ;-) I need to download. No great shakes

Thanks for the help guys!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Correct ;- ) - I don't like it haha

So. I'm going to do this next week, as I'm still in grumpy mc grumpy phase of my life. At least I know a bit more now than I did on Friday.
I have everything on onedrive, and family office 365 - so really after that. It's steam / thunder master / filmora and gears ;-) I need to download. No great shakes

Thanks for the help guys!
Try to test it at first without installing any more software than the bare minimum. Install just one game for example, the one that was suffering the most. And let us know how things go, good or bad.

What you want to avoid is inadvertently reinstalling the problem. :)

BT81

Enthusiast
Guess I'll be spending another full day re installing windows. Since the 18 dec 20. Its worked. What. 5 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Guess I'll be spending another full day re installing windows. FFS. Since the 18 dec 20. Its worked. What. 5 days.
Don’t do a reinstall. Things don’t happen without change. Find what changed, check windows updates, check restore points etc etc to find the cause.

BT81

Enthusiast
latest bloody graphic driver downloaded! Tried to use ddu. Makes no difference using an older version

Last edited by a moderator:

BT81

Enthusiast
No I bloody well updated it in error. My games all started loading up in 1fps. Turned out Palit thundermaster had a 1fps limit??! , I've just reinstalled. Just as easy. Guess I'll be more careful on updates

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No I bloody well updated it in error. My games all started loading up in 1fps. Turned out Palit thundermaster had a 1fps limit??! , I've just reinstalled. Just as easy. Guess I'll be more careful on updates
With any new architecture, weather GPU’s or CPU’s you’ll find it’s worth holding off on the latest driver updates until they release a new version, so always remain one behind. They’re inherently buggy for the first 6 months or so.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
With any new architecture, weather GPU’s or CPU’s you’ll find it’s worth holding off on the latest driver updates until they release a new version, so always remain one behind. They’re inherently buggy for the first 6 months or so.
Unless there is a feature of an updated driver that you actually need (or unless you're having issues with the device) it is far safer to leave them alone. There is nothing to be gained but pain by updating every driver every time there is a new version.

BT81

Enthusiast
Unless there is a feature of an updated driver that you actually need (or unless you're having issues with the device) it is far safer to leave them alone. There is nothing to be gained but pain by updating every driver every time there is a new version.
On the plus side. Onedrive. Winner.
Second. Ill just download Gears 5 (its the game that, if its going to crash, will do) plus I actually enjoy it. And means I can focus on one game!
Ray Tracing on Control was over rated.

Lessons learnt

BT81

Enthusiast
Well. Reinstalling windows didn't solve it this time. Only installed geforce (not the latest driver), and gears. Sure enough. Five minutes in. Back to 4fps

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well. Reinstalling windows didn't solve it this time. Only installed geforce (not the latest driver), and gears. Sure enough. Five minutes in. Back to 4fps
Are all other drivers installed? Have you checked device manager? Are all windows updates installed?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And where did you install geforce from, have you got a link and version you installed?