Motherboards...

Josh

Bronze Level Poster
What would be the better motherboard for overclocking, the P67 PRO or the Sabertooth? I'm not too bothered which has more features just if they perform the same in tests...

Regards Josh

Josh

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah this one ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI which i think is the one in the link

Josh

Bronze Level Poster
I just read about PCIE slots and how some use 8x and some use 16x for graphics cards. Does the P67 PRO use 8x if i put 2 STX 570s in SLI or 16x. If it does use 8x does that have any affect on performance, or should i get those chips that increase the width...

bg92

Expert
Having two cards in sli on x8/x8 shouldn't show much decrease in performance over x16/x16 if any, and x4/x4 would be a bottleneck but at resolutions higher then 1900x1200.
It all comes down to resolutions at which you will be playing according to the articles which I've read.

Gorman

Author Level
Generally speaking Nemesis has nailed it, 16x to 8x / 4x is as triple channel to dual channel or SATA3 mechanical drive to SATA 2.

There is a difference but you would have to be measuring it to notice it.

Josh

Bronze Level Poster
Ah ok guys thanks for clearing that up, i will defo stick with the P67PRO then :)