Ms home office plus 2010

metdave

Right so i have bought the above and i am having problems getting it installed. The first problem was i only had Vista SP2 and i am struggling to get the update to SP3 sorted out. My latest attempt seemed to be going well but then i got this message "SP3 Setup - Access is Denied"...."SP3 installation did not complete"...."Select OK to undo the changes that have been made" and then it during the removal:"Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly...."

Help please.....

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Think you mean XP 3?,as it says Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly...."

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Was worried there for a minute as I read something a while ago about supposed Vista SP3 being released, only for it to be a scam. Don't think it got many people, mainly because anyone with half a brain binned Vista and got 7 asap :D

Gorman

Author Level
Was worried there for a minute as I read something a while ago about supposed Vista SP3 being released, only for it to be a scam. Don't think it got many people, mainly because anyone with half a brain binned Vista and got 7 asap :D

How dare you. Vista was awesome.

Gorman

Author Level
hmm, ok.

So at the bottom there is this:

Troubleshooting error codes that appear in the update log or in the service pack log files
If you experience a Windows XP SP3 installation failure, an error code is typically recorded in the %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log file or in the %windir%\svcpack.log file. Typically, these files are located in the C:\Windows directory. The following table shows some most common error codes that may appear in these log files. The Microsoft Knowledge Base articles offer potential resolutions for each of these errors.

are there any error codes?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I've had a lot of experience with this problem & this procedure did the trick every time.
but first make a restore point.
1. start/accessories/system tools/system restore.
2. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Create a restore point, and then click Next .
3.. On the Create a Restore Point page, type a name for the restore point and then click Create
4.. After the restore point has been created, click Close.
follow these instructions carefully.
go to
,http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en
download & install subinacl.msi
Now Open Notepad and copy/paste the following.
cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
Save the file with name "SP3.bat".
Now right click on it & run run as administrator and restart you PC and you should now be able to completely install SP3.

Last edited:

metdave

Well that was a bit longwinded! Though what a brilliant forum this is, I have been searching for days now on the web for a solution with no luck, thank you so much vanthus. Cheers to Gorman for your help too.

PokerFace

Banned
Well that was a bit longwinded! Though what a brilliant forum this is, I have been searching for days now on the web for a solution with no luck, thank you so much vanthus. Cheers to Gorman for your help too.

Have some rep for following that! I was lost at the posting to notepad bit :(

F3AR

My grandma uses Vista.
She is scared to change her wallpaper incase she "breaks it"

I think that shows who vista was aimed at..