MW3 Early :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
but the fanbase is getting smaller, i have given up on the franchise and i know others who also have for the same reason, the lack of new stuff and the lack of effort by IW, i will buy black ops 2 because treyarch always seem to add new stuff

by the time black ops 2 is released, the fanbasse will have decreased by 5-10% minimum

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
but the fanbase is getting smaller

Where do you get this statistic from? Considering the last COD to go on sale sold more than any other cod game ever and MW3 has not been released yet so unable to get any figures from that I find it hard for anyone to suggest that the cod fanbase has done anything but get bigger tbh.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
no after people see that it is exactly the same, many will get bored much quicker and move on to other games, especially with a huge blow up of the main competitor BF recently, most people werent too familiar with bad company which were the games released between CoD4 and black ops but now with the bf3 ads being piled on it is bound to get some of the cod fans (probably more likely to be the minority of the players who are over 6y/o) especially when they see a great campaign, great graphics, other new features, cheap DLC (often free)

i think that MW3 will still be a record in sales, but will also probably produce a record in the amount selling it 2nd hand and then black ops 2 will not produce a record, especially if bf3 gets an awesome DLC to put the game on par with it, there are also many other games that have been pinching fans here and there, Skyrim probably being the main one, although ill be playing sr3, gears3, forza4 all of which havent had a previous release in 2+ years, other popular games will also steal some light, AC:R, Halo 4 & CE, Uncharted 3, ME3, etc etc, the list goes on

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
while I agree that other games are out there, theyre not drawing people away from cod, they are just buying them aswell as cod. I still have a copy of every cod game released, and while I dont play them much anymore I still keep them. Also while I agree BF3 is awesome, it is different than COD in that the gameplay is different. Its not eveyones cup fo tea, most COD people wouldnt get turned by BF3 because the maps are too big, and I know what they mean. I love big maps, and love BF but for someone who wants to go on have a laugh shooting his mates in some really fun close quarter battles on small maps then COD is deffinately better than BF3, by a big margin, and I know sometimes that is exactly what I want to do. For that reason, I think COD will remain the highest selling and will continue to grow, I dont think other games will stop the franchise from growing. The one thing that would, is if they took a step backwards and produced a game that was really bad in compatrison to its predecessor, which wont happen.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
COD.jpegit may get bigger, and what i said was probably wrong but here is a graph on what i think will happen

waw was different i think but you get my jist

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Is it actually any good then? Not planning on getting it as Skyrim is my priority but may get it in the future!

MeveM

Bright Spark
I've had all previous CoD games, and this is just a massive turn off, especially since BF3 is such a massive mega hit, not enjoyed myself this much since Unreal Tournament 2003.

I really hope DICE share their Frostbite 2 engine with other games, it's amazing how many medium spec PC's can smash BF3 with good FPS. I'm surpriced I can max everything with my GTX570 and not EVER have any lag at all, not even when there's 64 people around and explosions are going off, buildings falling all over, never drops enough fps to let my eyes see any difference in fps. Frostbite 2 is a blessing to all gamers.

Deklore

Bright Spark
I've had all previous CoD games, and this is just a massive turn off.

Yknow the funny thing is ive heard this from ALOT of people yet MW3 will break records and probably outsell BF3 2:1.
Then after it hits records sales you'll hear the whole interweb complaining how crap its is etc and then the next one will break sales records again.

Dont think ive seen this kind of situation before for any game on any format ..

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Actually, after speaking toa few people now that have played it, all people that said Black ops was a let down, they have all said, without exception, that it is a really really good game. So I guess Ill just have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Actually, after speaking toa few people now that have played it, all people that said Black ops was a let down, they have all said, without exception, that it is a really really good game. So I guess Ill just have to wait till tomorrow to find out.
Did you play Blops? Didnt the PS3 have horrendous lag issues for a couple of months - including a patch that made it worse?

Im sorry but if i want to play online in such a big group id rather play on dedicated servers not p2p. P2p is fine for 1 on 1 fighters but apart from that, no thanks, my internet connection is slow enough as it is.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Selling loads of game copies doesn't make a game good. It makes the sales team happy.

CoD sells because it's a widely known and anticipated FPS across all game stations.

Bit like saying Avatar the best movie ever since it's made the most money. Good graphics, recycled story, recycled characters and generally quite boring if you didn't get blown away by the visuals.

I've played all Cods, and my personal opinion is that it's same old recycled material over and over, suppose you can say the same about BF3, but it's more variety in that game. If I wanted a fast paced shooter I'd go to the kings of fast paced shooters, Quake or UT. "Oh but they don't sell as much as CoD". As above, selling doesn't make a game good.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Ok so first off I never said that black ops didnt have issues when it was released. I also never commented on whether I personally like or disliked it. I did however say that the people who found it bad have said that the new one is very good, people who I generally trust when it comes to opinions on games.

I dont think any of us suggested that a good game is one that sells lots either. We have only talked about sales and size of the fanbase.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Ok so first off I never said that black ops didnt have issues when it was released. I also never commented on whether I personally like or disliked it.

Cool. Was just wondering if you had played it yourself and if you had what you thought of it and the problems it had with multiplayer - especially on the PS3

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Cool. Was just wondering if you had played it yourself and if you had what you thought of it and the problems it had with multiplayer - especially on the PS3

Ill let you know tomorrow lol. Ill be getting it for PS3.