My gaming room - incomplete!!

Bsrz

Rising Star
Hey all thought I would share my experience with pcs and the pc I bought - So I bought my pc about 2 months ago and so I think now is an appropriate time to show it off and tell you how I feel about it. First the service at pcs and on the forums was excellent, everyone is very friendly, helpful and just generally awesome :) in terms of the pc what can I say outher than it is a beast, It still needs a few things like new fans, a h60 2013 cooler, 500gb ssd and a fan controller, but its pretty awesome as it is. the pc performs a hell of a lot better than what I expected and it handles everything with out breaking a sweat, its also lightning fast :) Ok so on to the general setup, my games room is rather incomplete I still need to buy 2 more monitors, my led tv, sound bar, sofa / recliner chair along with outer things. but I am very pleased with the current setup as it is. Here are some pics of my current setup - I will be adding a lot more things in the coming weeks. Thanks pcs and everyone on the forums!!! - pc spec is in my signature, if you want to talk or play some games steam name and origin name is covertcode.
DSCN0650.jpgDSCN0656.jpgDSCN0664.jpgDSCN0691.jpgDSCN0692.jpg

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol, why do you want a 500gb SSD? imo that is just throwing money away.

AND a heads up with the fan controller and your coolermaster fans, Check the connections on the fans are 3 pin plugs NOT molex connectors - if they are molex connectors you will not be able to plug them into a fan controller. - as fan controllers typically have 3pin connections.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I thought you were running 3 screens , don't see the point of the h60 unless it is for aesthetics (smaller cpu cooler).

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nice pics +rep.
Love the desk by the way,looking for something like that myself as I have much the same set up with 2 computers and 3 monitors,can you give me a link to it by any chance.

Bsrz

Rising Star
I thought you were running 3 screens , don't see the point of the h60 unless it is for aesthetics (smaller cpu cooler).

I was but I had a few pixel problems with the 3rd screen, as I said in the post I am buying 2 more. and yes the h60 is for aesthetic purposes.

Bsrz

Rising Star
Nice pics +rep.
Love the desk by the way,looking for something like that myself as I have much the same set up with 2 computers and 3 monitors,can you give me a link to it by any chance.

Thanks! the desk is a Galant desk from Ikea with extensions I will link them all to you.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S99806947/#/S79836969
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79823387/
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S09821891/
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49885225/
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40057457/

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
There seems to be some sort of alien contraption of a sort of white hue on your desk that makes all other interesting and good things (ala PCS PC) invalid...

:D

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Excellent pics, I know that feeling about the game room! Since gaining my new job my challenge is to make my room the ultimate in mans room! Hope you keep us updated with the progress of the games room! Will be good to see how someone else's game room is coming along besides my own....(Gives me ideas too!) Although I'd of kept the mac if you do photoshop....some reason I feel mac's are more built for them purposes...*Awaits the flaming arrows...*

Keep us posted! :)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
My ultimate challenge is the gf... I keep trying to figure out ways to switch her off and on again but I can't find the button :(

Great setup :) love the speakers :)

levison

Whats the purpose of having multiple monitors?

Don't take my phrasing of the question as ignorance I just want some knowledge on that particular factor.

Thanks

Rakk

The Awesome

Don't take my phrasing of the question as ignorance I just want some knowledge on that particular factor.

Well, there are a couple of reasons, many of the newer games can be played across 3 screens giving more game immersion because you are literally surrounded by game scenes.
For myself at home I game on one monitor whilst having various other bits and pieces showing on the other monitor (such as VOIP, Skype, browser, combat trackers and gawd knows what else)
And at work, I just need more than one screen to do stuff on, one screen just isnt enough :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace

Thanks
I use two monitors as it gives you a lot more flexibility,for example I can browse or do work on one monitor while watching a film or a recorded TV program on the other.
Some people of course use 3 monitors for gaming.

rav007

Enthusiast
500gb ssd sounds ace, I have 2 250gb ssd's currently in my laptop (hard drive caddy) most game load times go from minutes to seconds and most games these days at 10gb+ so the higher capacity ssd's are starting to feel more worth it.

Bsrz

Rising Star
500gb ssd sounds ace, I have 2 250gb ssd's currently in my laptop (hard drive caddy) most game load times go from minutes to seconds and most games these days at 10gb+ so the higher capacity ssd's are starting to feel more worth it.

My thoughts exactly - the problem I am having is choosing what ssd to buy :p - I was thinking of the new Samsung one - I would have liked the raider express or what not from asus but it is a pci slot I believe.

Bsrz

Rising Star

Thanks

Multi monitors is one of those things that untill you try it you cant judge what It will be like - I took a risk bought my monitors and I love them, and quite frankly I could not do without them now - it kind of sucks tho I have a bug that is stuck inside one of my monitors and it has just decided to die in the middle of my screen - so I have to try and find a way to remove it some how...

nikhkin

Thanks

For me, multiple monitors is all about entertainment use. While I have 2 monitors at work so I can have reference documents on one and my current document on the other, at home it is for films or tv. I can use streaming services on it while still being able to have whatever else I'm looking at on my main monitor