240GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s Gaming / Data Drive
10x LG BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER
CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR
COOLIT ECO II C240 A.L.C
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Logitech K750 Keyboard
Logitech MX Mouse

I'm assuming you have a large external hard drive as 360GB is not a lot of space.

mpv

Bronze Level Poster
I'm assuming you have a large external hard drive as 360GB is not a lot of space.

I've got an Apple Time Capsule (1TB) and a couple of 500GB USB drives I use to back stuff up occasionally. I don't really use loads of space though as I tend to only have one or two games installed at a time. This could change though with all the exciting new stuff due for release this year !

Teaz

Godlike
certainly a nice spec. enjoy and do watch those 580 temps :) nice to see another addition with a sniper in this forum :D

all that your missing now is to graph your name on your pc like i did lol :D

Last edited:

mpv

Bronze Level Poster
certainly a nice spec. enjoy and do watch those 580 temps :) nice to see another addition with a sniper in this forum :D

Ahh .. are the 580's known for running hot ? I tried 3DMark11 earlier and the fans went crazy (loud) but I wasn't watching the temps.

3DMark reported me as being below expected score (by about 3000) for my config, not sure what's wrong but I'll keep playing and tweaking and hopefully get it bang on...

Teaz

Godlike
Ahh .. are the 580's known for running hot ? I tried 3DMark11 earlier and the fans went crazy (loud) but I wasn't watching the temps.

3DMark reported me as being below expected score (by about 3000) for my config, not sure what's wrong but I'll keep playing and tweaking and hopefully get it bang on...

use GPU-Z or HWMonitor to check the gpu temps.

580s are hot running power house gpus especially in SLI as it will be spilling heat in the case but the good cooling on the sniper case should help, its just the 1st 580 gpu where the second is sort of blocking the airflow of the 1st 580 an is quite natrual to see the 1st gpu to be hotter than the second. just have the fan controller max if your gaming in long hours lol :)

It might be because you aint overclocked it? but thats not needed with those specs you have. the specs you have will blast through anything you play.

Reactions: mpv