My PC is running very SLOWLY

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
is this normal?
You're going to have to help us out, we've been here before and spent a lot of time on this, you need to be very clear about what you're seeing.

Where are you seeing 100% disk usage? Are you experiencing slow performance? Bear in mind you've chosen an old SATA SSD, so they are significantly slower than a modern M2 SSD.

Include screenshots of what you're seeing, or video's of where you're seeing slow performance.

We're not there, we're just going by what you're telling us.

At the moment it's not making very much sense.

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
the average response time does super high even over 2000ms, this is me downloading a game on steam

Attachments

• screenshot-74694.png
    screenshot-74694.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 90
  • screenshot-udahwlidaliuwd.png
    screenshot-udahwlidaliuwd.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 84

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also, can you open cmd as administrator and type the following, then upload the text file which will be on your C drive:

wmic /output:C:\InstalledSoftwareList.txt product get name,version

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
the average response time does super high even over 2000ms, this is me downloading a game on steam
You've got it listed by priority which has no relevance to us, you need to sort by write.

Downloading a Steam program is an enormous load on the PC, it's downloading, extracting in real time, unencrypting and then installing all at once, it's a huge load on the system.

There's nothing unusual about what you're seeing.

Like I said, you've got a very slow SATA SSD in there, they're only really used for storage these days because they're about 1/10th of the speed of a modern M2 SSD.

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
I went to my C drive and I found InstalledSolfwareList this is what it gave me

Name Version
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (fr-CA) 11.0.7400.336
ASUS Aura SDK 3.04.07
Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (en-IN) 11.0.7400.335
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (pt-BR) 11.0.7400.335
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (en-GB) 11.0.7400.336
AURA Service 3.05.18
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.28.29334 14.28.29334
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Additional Runtime - 14.28.29913 14.28.29913
Epic Online Services 2.0.28.0
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (en-AU) 11.0.7400.336
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (es-MX) 11.0.7400.336
AURA lighting effect add-on x64 0.0.18
Epic Games Launcher Prerequisites (x64) 1.0.0.0
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (es-ES) 11.0.7400.336
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
ASUS AURA VGA Component 0.0.4.3
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.5
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Minimum Runtime - 14.28.29913 14.28.29913
Microsoft Server Speech Platform Runtime (x64) 11.0.7400.345
Microsoft Update Health Tools 2.84.0.0
Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (pl-PL) 11.0.7400.335
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Additional Runtime - 14.28.29334 14.28.29334
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ASUS Update Helper 1.3.107.59
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (en-IE) 11.0.7400.336
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (it-IT) 11.0.7400.336
Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (zh-CN) 11.0.7400.335
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (fr-FR) 11.0.7400.336
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (en-CA) 11.0.7400.336
Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (ru-RU) 11.0.7400.335
AURA lighting effect add-on 0.0.18
Epic Games Launcher 1.3.0.0
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (en-US) 11.0.7400.336
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (ja-JP) 11.0.7400.336
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (en-NZ) 11.0.7400.336
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
Windows PC Health Check 3.2.2110.14001
ENE IO Driver 3.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
ASUS Framework Service 2.1.1.3
Kingston AURA DRAM Component 1.1.12
Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack (de-DE) 11.0.7413.611
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service 4.2.12

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If my SSD is just slow what sort of SSD should I upgrade too
Is it slow though, where are you seeing performance issues? What issues are you having? Just because a drive is maxxed out isn't an issue, I'm not sure what symptoms you're having?

Downloading through Steam will slow down the PC no matter what drive you have in it, it will swallow whatever resources are available, upgrading the drive won't change that, it will simply install quicker. That's why the default is set not to download while playing a game, because it would impact game performance.

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
I guess my SSD is fine but sometimes I opening a program and it goes to 100% disk it just feels that these programs should not take so long to open and take so much of the SSD up.

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
Example, just now I loaded up the searched up discord and my SSD does to 100% is this normal

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Example, just now I loaded up the searched up discord and my SSD does to 100% is this normal
Forget about disk usage, it's irrelevant.

What performance issues are you having? How long is it taking to open Discord? Do you see a wheel of death? Is it slower than previously? As said previously, we can't see what you're seeing, take a video so we can understand what you mean?

And are you opening discord while you've got a steam download running?

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
so I should do a clean new install of window 10 YES? and then see where we go from there if I still have the problem

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
so I should do a clean new install of window 10 YES? and then see where we go from there if I still have the problem
I'm not understanding what problem you're having, I asked 6 questions previously and you haven't answered any of them, so we're still none the wiser as to what your actual issue is.

If you're expecting to run steam downloads and have normal PC performance, you're expecting too much. It's an enormous load on both CPU and disk writes.

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
the performance issues I am seeing is when ever I open a solfware what is not working in the background like a game or 3D modelling solfware the DISK goes to 100% usage and stays like this for like 10-20 seconds for more. Discord is opening fin at the movement as it open in the background. My PC is 100% slower than previously compared to last week for EXAMPLE.

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
Could this be a reason earlier this week I was rendering a some work and I tried as it was around 3 am so I decided to cancel the render and ever since then my PC is been slow, so I decided to reset it but keep my personal final as it was super slow. And my PC is still acting slower than normal but not as slow as before, but not it normal speed I am used to.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
the performance issues I am seeing is when ever I open a solfware what is not working in the background like a game or 3D modelling solfware the DISK goes to 100% usage and stays like this for like 10-20 seconds for more. Discord is opening fin at the movement as it open in the background. My PC is 100% slower than previously compared to last week for EXAMPLE.
So as asked numerous times, this all means nothing to us, we can't see this.

Could you upload a video with performance monitor open sorted by writes and upload screenshots of that?

You need to show us what you're seeing because it's not matching up at the moment.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Could this be a reason earlier this week I was rendering a some work and I tried as it was around 3 am so I decided to cancel the render and ever since then my PC is been slow, so I decided to reset it but keep my personal final as it was super slow. And my PC is still acting slower than normal but not as slow as before, but not it normal speed I am used to.
Guesswork is pointless in PC troubleshooting, you have to actually gather data and troubleshoot.

But a windows reset is pointless, it doesn't actually resolve anything, a clean install should be done at these times.