New Build, Corsair 5000D, Strix 570, 5900X, 32GB RAM

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Fans are pushing air through the radiator and out of the top of the case as they should be judging by the picture.
You're a little late in replying to this. I sorted it out straight away. The fans were installed the wrong way round. I corrected them

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You're a little late in replying to this. I sorted it out straight away. The fans were installed the wrong way round. I corrected them

Not sure if you have misunderstood. The picture from your first post, showing the AIO on the roof, shows the fan logo facing downwards. This would suggest that the fans were configured correctly initially and that you may have swapped them around to the wrong way.

If the fans were spinning in reverse, this would cause no end of trouble so if you have turned the fans over so that the cage of the fan is on the inside, it definitely needs further investigation.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just to add to this more to help aid the understanding.

If you look at the picture showing the intake fans at the front of the case... you can see the bracing that I mention. The direction a fan pulls is from the non-bracing side to the bracing side. With the front fans, that's from outside the case to inside.

The AIO shows that the bracing cannot be seen, that is because it's on the radiator side. This means that the fans are setup to pull air from inside the case and out through the radiator. This is also the correct configuration.

Presuming you were mistaken in your findings with the fan direction, it's a simple fix to put them back how they should be.

Presuming you weren't mistaken, it's going to take some more investigation as this would suggest the fans are actually wired in reverse..... which would be strange for that type of fan.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
IMG-2706.jpg

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
@AgentCooper Thanks for the images for the direction of air, but I already knew that from looking at the arrows on the fans.

I don't understand because when I received the PC, the fans weren't pushing the air out? So I turned them around and they're working just fine now.

You've all confused me to this point.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
@AgentCooper Thanks for the images for the direction of air, but I already knew that from looking at the arrows on the fans.

I don't understand because when I received the PC, the fans weren't pushing the air out? So I turned them around and they're working just fine now.

You've all confused me to this point.
They were the right way round to start with confirmed by the images.

How did you decide they were not pushing air out ? Holding your hand under them will sometimes feel like its blowing as the air is colder being pulled in. As I said ages back, pull the top grill off and put a piece of paper on it and see if it lifts.

Ultimately if your system is cooling correctly they can be whichever way but normally they would exhaust out of the top.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As above... air pressure and air flow are 2 different things. You can feel air pressure while air is going the opposite direction (think of those blow art straw things that we all used in school).

A piece of paper with the fans on full choke will always give a better representation of what direction air is flowing.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I wasn't mistaken
I don’t wish to be condescending but there’s perhaps something to be taken away from this experience. At one time or another, every single one of us on this forum has made a mistake. Having it pointed out or querying your actions isn’t done to belittle and humiliate but to allow correction of said error. And when not just forum regulars but actual PCS staff get involved, it may pay dividends to be a little less obtuse in your responses. Everyone just wants to help.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don’t wish to be condescending but there’s perhaps something to be taken away from this experience. At one time or another, every single one of us on this forum has made a mistake. Having it pointed out or querying your actions isn’t done to belittle and humiliate but to allow correction of said error. And when not just forum regulars but actual PCS staff get involved, it may pay dividends to be a little less obtuse in your responses. Everyone just wants to help.
If you're not making mistakes then you're not learning anything.